pannier racks for ardcase panniers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, anyone used alu boxes on their 1150R? Prefer to use my alu boxes made by ardcase but ca't find a rack that fits. Anyone with ideas or who have used racks? Not going to spend £600 odd on a whole new system. Just want cheap hoops and fitting so I can load my ardcases..

I got a set from Holan, and worked fine on my 1100GS, not sure if they make any for yours...

I think Redcap/roger/ardcases used Holan, but any 18 mm tubed frame will work.

ps I thought He was no longer making them, great cases though!

I think Redcap/roger/ardcases used Holan, but any 18 mm tubed frame will work.

ps I thought He was no longer making them, great cases though!

yes he has stopped making them. Last time I used Holan for the At nd the cases fit straight on. Just need the rack for the boxes though, without any offset sticking out wedges (givi type lips)

You can easily fit ally panniers to Givi frames because the ‘toblerone’ shaped locking part and the two mushroom bits simply unscrew, leaving you with bare frames. I have done this on my 1100GS and my current VStrom. The rails are a little smaller diameter than some (12mm from memory), but that is simple enough to overcome.

You can easily fit ally panniers to Givi frames because the ‘toblerone’ shaped locking part and the two mushroom bits simply unscrew, leaving you with bare frames. I have done this on my 1100GS and my current VStrom. The rails are a little smaller diameter than some (12mm from memory), but that is simple enough to overcome.
thanks for that. 1st problem answered. Now just to find side racks for the 1150R...seems like snake oil so far from my searching

does anyone know if givi/holan/nomad racks are the same size and fit for the 1150gs as the 1150r?

Holan advertise racks for the 1150GS but they haven't replied yet as to whether the same rack fits on the 1150R.
Anyone know what site I can use (if it exists yet) to see frame / mounts etc?

does anyone know if givi/holan/nomad racks are the same size and fit for the 1150gs as the 1150r?

Holan advertise racks for the 1150GS but they haven't replied yet as to whether the same rack fits on the 1150R.
Anyone know what site I can use (if it exists yet) to see frame / mounts etc?

I am down Epsom way and have a set on my 1100GS your more than welcome to drop by and have look and measure up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom