Risers

Yogibear69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know its a personal thing but would love to hear your experiences as I think raising the bars a little will make long distance days a bit more comfortable. my dilemma is do I just go up (30mm riser) or do I go up and back (Wunderlich ones) If you have used either can you let me know your thoughts please

Up and back wunderlich. I have them and wouldn't have another GS without them.

Up and back Wunderlich on my 17 plate LC, I say that as on the 16plate and older GS’s I had I didn’t feel the need for them ?

Up and back - try Rox risers, the Adventure Bike Shop sell them, very good and easy to fit, going back makes the difference.

Chinese risers that I have are 40mm up and 40mm back.

Have fitted the removed them about four times and now have bike back to standard. If you wanted to stand a lot, risers would be helpful. I think that the risers spoil the ergonomics
that BMW have tried to get right for many years. They created a strange wrist angle for me.

At least they were cheap!

Up & back Chinese Wunderlich copies. Cables at max when on full lock. Move cables outside fork arms & they rub on the inside of the bodywork (GSA). Also on full lock, bars just hit my tank bag.

I had Wunderlich up and back on all my GS’s, so obviously liked them!

Rox risers give you much more choice as to position. However i havent found any yet that will fit the 31.5 mm 1250 bars in black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you say that, as I’ve got black Rox Risers on my 1290! I’m not sure what size they are though.

I understand that the 1250 has bigger dia bars than a 1200 so risers wont fit. Unless someone can tell me different.

The 1250 has bigger bars than the 1200 ? Are you sure ?

The LC definitely has thicker bars than the Twin Cam but I'd be surprised if BMW has increased the thickness again for the 1250 ;)

Rox Risers are the way to go. I have them on my 1200 LC and they fitted without having to relocate the cables :thumb2

The 1250 has bigger bars than the 1200 ? Are you sure ?

The LC definitely has thicker bars than the Twin Cam but I'd be surprised if BMW has increased the thickness again for the 1250 ;)

Rox Risers are the way to go. I have them on my 1200 LC and they fitted without having to relocate the cables :thumb2

Ok maybe thats where im getting confused hexhead were 28mm but all LCs were 31.5mm that would make sense

Back
Top Bottom