Risers

I put some up and back risers on my 1200, and the clutch side was just a little tight on full lock, so I re-routed as per the above instructions. When I transferred the risers to the 1250 the lines were again only marginally tight on full lock, so rather than re-route, this time I just moved the levers and reservoirs inboard slightly which gave a little more slack. I thought it might adversely affect the view in the mirrors, but they were still OK. If you do this don't overdo it as that could stop full movement of the levers.

Thanks for that, thats the info i needed I fitted rox risers to my one time GSA Hexhead and had to re route the clutch cable but it was easy to do. I will take a look at these you bought. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delboy, below are a few photos of the Moto CNC pivot riser from eBay fitted to my 1250. You will see how I routed the cables/hoses so they move freely and clear the forks at full lock.
I had the Touratech 38mm straights before and had them through the forks like Fred JB said above, moving the levers slightly inwards to relieve the tension.
With the 2" pivot riser, I found this too tight and with the levers in too far for the mirrors to be of any use.

Wunderlich 20m/m up and back. The difference is not huge but made a difference. As said by others about cabling etc 20m/m didn’t present that problem. Always wary of Chinese stuff cheap yes but stuff that involves safety I’m a rather careful about. Pays ya money takes ya choice. :blagblah

Back
Top Bottom