Rear light & brake light.

Bandare

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My rear light and brake light both have stopped working. I wondered if it is typical for the 1150GSA (2002) that if the rear light bulb filament goes, the brake light filament will go also or the issue more likely wiring?

Likely a bad earth. Start by checking the bulb and cleaning the socket, then trace the earth wiring with an ohm-meter.

Wiring diagrams here: LINKY

Thank you. I'll have to just do some feeling as I don't have an ohm-meter where I am away from home sadly. I was hoping it might just be a bulb as I gather its one bulb with two filaments. I'm a bit scuppered and can't ride it until I find a fix to get me home :(

I'm a bit scuppered and can't ride it until I find a fix to get me home :(

A screwdriver and a fresh bulb? 5w/21w BAY15D. Use the screwdriver to scratch the socket contacts clean and bend slightly if necessary. Or a cheap torch and a piece of red cellophane? :D

LIA06239.jpg

I had problems with this for ages. Eventually replaced it with the LED unit from motorworks. Literally brilliant, plug and play.
LED replacement rear light unit LIA06239

I see that the Motorworks unit won't work with servo assisted brakes. Wonder why?

Because on servo/abs models the brake light circuit is part of the ABS/servo ecu.
For instance, if the rear light filament blows the current switch to the brake light circuit so you still have a working rear light and brake lights. :D
The led light interferes with all the clever stuff.

Thanks for that. I don't hear that.

I did fix the light though. It was the main backlight filament. It didn't look like it was broken but clearly was.

Back
Top Bottom