Euro 3 / Euro 4 Exhaust Compatability

pieman42

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know definitively whether a Euro 4 spec slip-on exhaust will fit and is compatible with my Euro 3 specced RT?

I’m getting differing and quite confusing answers from dealers, and even from different exhaust system manufacturers!

I’m awaiting an answer from BMW themselves, but, true-to-course, this is taking an age.........

Cheers!!

Whether a slip on silencer will fit or not is just a physical thing. The majority of slip on silencers are exactly the same for all makes and models of bike so not sure why you're asking the question or where a problem might arise.

Thanks Pickaxe.

Are the physical exhaust dimensions the same for Euro 3 and Euro 4 specced bikes then do you know?
I assumed the same and understand what you are saying, but when you look into buying an after market exhaust, they do spec them Euro 3 or Euro 4.

Remus rep told me Euro 3 and 4 exhausts are not compatable...............AC Schnitzer (I think are the same company!) rep told me they are.

This is why I'm a bit confused: I can't seem to get a definitive answer.

Think the only thing to do is order a Euro 4 and see if it'll fit..............and then send it back if it won't

I have my Akra that came off my 2014 RT currently fitted to my 1250. Mr Akra told me it would be ok and that the only difference was in the internal baffle config. It fits fine and with no issues.

Ah right.......................good to know.

Cheers Casbar!!

Hi all,

Does anyone know definitively whether a Euro 4 spec slip-on exhaust will fit and is compatible with my Euro 3 specced RT?

I’m getting differing and quite confusing answers from dealers, and even from different exhaust system manufacturers!

I’m awaiting an answer from BMW themselves, but, true-to-course, this is taking an age.........

Cheers!!

What model RT ? No wonder it's taking everyone so long and your getting confusing answers if no one knows what model it is :D

Good point well made.

Its a 2016 RT Iconic....................

Back
Top Bottom