Albania

Wapping

Reaction score
This suggested 1,730 km route, lifted from the pages of Tourenfahrer-Motorrad magazine might be of interest:

https://www.tourenfahrer.de/tour-datenbank/tour/land-der-skipetaren-855/detail/

8a742aa187718d1bd4f0087ff4b54454.jpg

81d1d107ed039eecfd40752fbb448d86.jpg

Apologies for being dim, but is it possible to download this route as a Mapsource file..?

There is a link on the website to downloads. Scroll down a bit. They usually cost a couple of euro. I have never done it. Let us know how well it works, please.

Well, I paid my £1.85, and downloaded the GPX file, which opens as a single Track in Mapsource.

The system works!;)

Misses the incredible coast road south hugging the cliffs to Saranda and Butrint National Park - a must see! and excellent sea food in Sarande - but if exotic food is too much for biker mates , you can always pop over to Corfu for a full english and fisn n chips !

Misses the incredible coast road south hugging the cliffs to Saranda and Butrint National Park - a must see! and excellent sea food in Sarande - but if exotic food is too much for biker mates , you can always pop over to Corfu for a full english and fisn n chips !

Sarande to Vlore is a stunning ride on the Albanian Riviera..a definite do. There's a really friendly and chilled little campsite down on the beach beside Himare ( Camping Kranea ) for those who don't always use hotels :rolleyes:

Inland Albania is also stunning but in different ways, from barren to incredible mountain routes and there's the ever present cultural craziness especially when you stay off the main routes and travel the dirt tracks.

Around Lake Ohrid and also Macedonia..lovely.

The people are very hard faced but friendly....wave and smile on your way past and see their expressions change :thumb2

I'm going back later this year after Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey. Good post, thanks.

If you are heading this way, don't miss the blue eye near sarande.Crystal clear river emerges from the rocks in nature park.In true Albanian fashion there are no health and safety bollocks.just strip off and jump in....brilliant.

Looks like an interesting trip that. Albania is changing rapidly - massive change since I first visited some years back but still such an interesting country.

Certainly other good advice shared - Vlore to Sarande really is a must :thumb

The blue eye is quite something, and fecking freezing! :D

Apologies for being dim, but is it possible to download this route as a Mapsource file..?

Downloaded this route last week so still current
I had thoughts of elling down through Albania for this year , naturally diddnt happen
Watched a few trips on Youtube with intention of going 2021 ?
Looks easy enough to tag on a Sarande / Vlore / Llogara to route in Touranfahrar
Looking at map options it looks like the Reise know how is a must.
Anyone any more details of a trip here to bring this thread back to life.
Not sure yet on riding down there & back or using something like the Bulgarian transport company ( if still operational)

I'd like to back to Albania. I went on a day trip (coach trip to Roman amphitheatre) back in 2001, I think. Beautiful scenery but Sarande was a funny looking place. Lots of concrete tower block straight out of 1950's Eastern Bloc with a couple of very swanky hotels on the sea front. Besieged by beautiful kids flogging holiday souvenirs who, upon closer inspection, slunk off to hand the Euros over to some shady looking fellows hiding out of sight.

On the coach trip, I was struck by the fact that when looking at the buildings it was not obvious which buildings were houses for people and which were for the animals.

I'd love to go back and compare with my memories. Sadly, I may have some difficulty entering the country again.

Back
Top Bottom