Retrofit Gear assist on 16 plate K16

If it’s anything like the 2017 factory fitted option it will be lovely. Both my XR and 1250 quick shifts are nothing like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Adv has it, hence asking. I thought it was a gimmick when I first got the GSA thinking I’d never use it, love the blip down the box and the effortless upshifts

blip

had one on my r1200r sport brilliant,
got the k1600 now,but no shifter,miss it already.:thumb

You can fit an aftermarket ‘quickshifter’ to just about any motorcycle, they being only a method to kill the ignition momentarily when they ‘sense’ that a new gear is engaged. Some are easier to fit and use than others and their method of ‘sensing’ the gear change can vary but, in general, they are all pretty similar, not least as they all do the same job.

Thanks for the feedback was going to close the deal on a K16 today but went out on my GS for a wee run don’t think I can part with it.
Plus side Saved me £6k

You can fit an aftermarket ‘quickshifter’ to just about any motorcycle, they being only a method to kill the ignition momentarily when they ‘sense’ that a new gear is engaged. Some are easier to fit and use than others and their method of ‘sensing’ the gear change can vary but, in general, they are all pretty similar, not least as they all do the same job.

Just like you can change an engine on a motorbike..............:blagblah

I had it fitted to my base model 19 plate - £395.

Not sure, but I think it is only for 2017 onwards :nenau

This sounds like a reasonable price, I'm not sure if I'd part with £500/600 on a bike though, I don't think you would ever see the money back, so unless it's going to do a quite a few thousand miles and be kept for a few years I'd think hard about it?

It works really well on the K16, especially the down change when you are going down through the gearbox entering roundabouts etc.

It’s one of my favourite gadgets, along with Hill Hold, which I argued was pointless until I first had it.

Back
Top Bottom