3D printer

We are looking for a printer for work.. to test run mouldings prior to having the tooling made, single colour will be fine.

don't want to spend a lot and 6" cube would do us... but do want quite good finish on the samples... can anyone recommend a make / model at all if we have experts who's looked into this... Thanks :)

Prusa is the way forward beaver, I have one, actually built it myself, it does take a full day to build, or you can order it built, but I found that by building it myself and saving a few hundred euros, it already taught me the inner workings of the machine, in case of problems or upgrades later, and massive forum full of help out there.

https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/180-original-prusa-i3-mk3-kit.html#

https://www.prusa3d.com/new-user-mk3/

We are looking for a printer for work.. to test run mouldings prior to having the tooling made, single colour will be fine.

don't want to spend a lot and 6" cube would do us... but do want quite good finish on the samples... can anyone recommend a make / model at all if we have experts who's looked into this... Thanks :)

Hi fella, we are far from experts however we spent a bit of time looking at our commercial grade machine and chose a Raise 3D pro plus over the makerbot ‘method’.

We are very pleased with it but would suggest aftermarket software to get the best out of the machine.

Hope this helps, if I can help any further just ask. 07713 789365 if ya need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the ribbed knobbler in the previous reply I only read as far as "It's got twin heads" before my mind immediately took this post off in a completely different direction.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Yeah funny eh :)

Hi fella, we are far from experts however we spent a bit of time looking at our commercial grade machine and chose a Raise 3D pro plus over the makerbot ‘method’.

We are very pleased with it but would suggest aftermarket software to get the best out of the machine.

Hope this helps, if I can help any further just ask. 07713 789365 if ya need it

You have a great machine Mark, and the magic word is commercial and you have the perfect machine for that, Prusa makerbot etc is for the enthusiasts like me, that like to mess around for fun...........

cheers guys.. it is for work, but we don't want to spend much as it wont get used a lot (for work anyway ;) ) the Prusa one is about where we are I guess... I already use a 3D printer whos local for plastics and metals, but even the small jobs cost £150 a time... so this will pay for itself in 4 jobs!.. great info.. and thanks again... will take a good look tomorrow and get one ordered :)

cheers guys.. it is for work, but we don't want to spend much as it wont get used a lot (for work anyway ;) ) the Prusa one is about where we are I guess... I already use a 3D printer whos local for plastics and metals, but even the small jobs cost £150 a time... so this will pay for itself in 4 jobs!.. great info.. and thanks again... will take a good look tomorrow and get one ordered :)

You will see just how bloody damn good them boys are in CZ, and always on the ball for any problems, but it is a learning curve, beaver, had mine 2 years now and still learning new stuff every day.

Hmmm.... I have a 3D printer to - just a hobby one -

I've also printet some plugs, However in TPU. No groves or any other measures, just straight fit into the holes in the frame. As the TPU is flexible they stay in there nicely.

Guys gals others, I’ve gone and got myself a commercial grade 3D printer, it’s got a (compatibly) massive capacity (think fridge rather than the usual microwave) and it’s brill :)

Here’s some frame bungs we’ve just started messing around with and, as usual, if anyone has any good ideas or needs my help to make anything then just let me know eh.

You made yourself a wine goblet yet? :beerjug:

Guys gals others, I’ve gone and got myself a commercial grade 3D printer, it’s got a (compatibly) massive capacity (think fridge rather than the usual microwave) and it’s brill :)

Here’s some frame bungs we’ve just started messing around with and, as usual, if anyone has any good ideas or needs my help to make anything then just let me know eh.

You made yourself a wine goblet yet? :beerjug:

What a fantastic idea! Needs to be super large eh :)

Late to the game but I've just picked up an Ultimaker S5 , looking forward to the learning curve.
Is anyone else using Thingiverse or similar for their STL's ?
Its great that its open sourced and available

Late to the game but I've just picked up an Ultimaker S5 , looking forward to the learning curve.
Is anyone else using Thingiverse or similar for their STL's ?
Its great that its open sourced and available

Congratulation with your excellent choice of printer :D

As for Thingiverse and STLs I think you will have to get your self acquainted with some sort of 3D design program in order to tweak your design.
A STL file is the finished product and does not open up for adjustments.

Personally I've been using FreeCAD. It works, but I'm not happy with it. Considering trying out Fusion360 (free for hobbyists)

Congratulation with your excellent choice of printer :D

As for Thingiverse and STLs I think you will have to get your self acquainted with some sort of 3D design program in order to tweak your design.
A STL file is the finished product and does not open up for adjustments.

Personally I've been using FreeCAD. It works, but I'm not happy with it. Considering trying out Fusion360 (free for hobbyists)

I use catia at work and luckily for me I have a lot of nerdy mates all in a similar industry , including some decent scanning equipment.
First thing will hopefully be produced this week if the material turns up.
From experience of my past ventures , many fuck ups will be made this week.
Can't wait to start working from home :D

I use catia at work and luckily for me I have a lot of nerdy mates all in a similar industry , including some decent scanning equipment.
First thing will hopefully be produced this week if the material turns up.
From experience of my past ventures , many fuck ups will be made this week.
Can't wait to start working from home :D

I guess that qualifies as 'acquainted' with 3D design :beerjug:

Best of luck.

I have an Ultimaker 2+ with a glass plated bed, and in the beginning I put glue directly to the glassplate in order to make it sticky. It worked, but removing glue deposits was i tedious process. I then started to cover the plate with blue masking tape (the type that has a smooth surface), it is as sticky as the glassplate, and it holds the glue. The blue tape also handles the heating of the plate, and cleaning is a matter of tearing the tape off.
The only time I do not use the tape is when printing ABS, where I use 'ABS soup' (ABS solved in acetone),.

I guess that qualifies as 'acquainted' with 3D design :beerjug:

Best of luck.

I have an Ultimaker 2+ with a glass plated bed, and in the beginning I put glue directly to the glassplate in order to make it sticky. It worked, but removing glue deposits was i tedious process. I then started to cover the plate with blue masking tape (the type that has a smooth surface), it is as sticky as the glassplate, and it holds the glue. The blue tape also handles the heating of the plate, and cleaning is a matter of tearing the tape off.
The only time I do not use the tape is when printing ABS, where I use 'ABS soup' (ABS solved in acetone),.

Thanks for that , tips like that are much appreciated .
Inboxed it today , will get it connected to the network tomorrow and start making a mess

Back
Top Bottom