3D printer

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys gals others, I’ve gone and got myself a commercial grade 3D printer, it’s got a (compatibly) massive capacity (think fridge rather than the usual microwave) and it’s brill :)

Here’s some frame bungs we’ve just started messing around with and, as usual, if anyone has any good ideas or needs my help to make anything then just let me know eh.

I still love my industrial lasers but this new (to me) tech seems great :)
6752c14f4ad1dff27c29fca473cc1a8e.jpg
420f61279b0c3ba8686761a04d634f56.jpg
bee92b17ce0a9aa3f2adfc2b6c98ca80.jpg
5f471a49561e767cc6412f1dba4b0398.jpg
2435fbcb993a745014e2ba2996fda573.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it is thanks :) ‘Er indoors loves her new 12” black ribbed knobbler too haha.

Ride safe fella.

It’s got twin heads which means it can print twice as fast or print in two colours and the toughest stuff it can handle is carbon fibre reinforced material which, apparently, is stronger than ‘hard’ ABS.

That looks a beast!

I like the knurled Cymarc frame plug.

Now there's no limit to what your imagination can fabricate.

Enjoy.

You planning on doing a full set of bungs for the 1250 and if you are whats the price likely to be Mark ?

Yes and I don’t know mate. I’ve taken a look at the best IMHO on the market being W/Lich and they are around £40 a set. Mine use separate high quality rubber O rings to hold them in place whereas W/Lich use ‘same part’ flanges (if you see what I mean - I’ll try and post a photo) which is a cheaper way of doing it however I don’t want mine to cost anymore for a better product but we will see. Sorry for the waffle!

Yes and I don’t know mate. I’ve taken a look at the best IMHO on the market being W/Lich and they are around £40 a set. Mine use separate high quality rubber O rings to hold them in place whereas W/Lich use ‘same part’ flanges (if you see what I mean - I’ll try and post a photo) which is a cheaper way of doing it however I don’t want mine to cost anymore for a better product but we will see. Sorry for the waffle!

Ok thats fine and i know what you mean, an interference fit rather than with rubber o rings. Well i will hold off buying bungs for a while till you sort something out. When you do drop me a PM please

Yes of course as always thanks for your support - keep an eye on our website too eh as we keep news on new products on that too.

Cheaper, or less expensive, does not necessarily mean better.

Look forward to your visions

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Mark, I've got a challenge for you. To print me a front mudguard for my 21" wheel on my GSA LC.

Building the damn wheel and truing it was easier than sorting the mudguard!

I can draw it out in autocad in 3D then export it as an STL file (i think).

I totally agree with you and I thank you for your thoughts - mine might not be better (probably won’t be) I remain respectful of anything out there better than what I can produce but I’ll try and do my best. It’s only me thinking separate O rings are better than a push fit flange design!
7bda4bceace42099fcde5ae0e44acbe9.jpg
5c48a3055f878d515bd8bce9cf4b8fe3.jpg

8246def956673be20d2aa82cbbada423.jpg

Here’s what seems to be the ‘standard’ fixing method - cheap (IMHO) but if it works for people then woohoo :)

Mark, I've got a challenge for you. To print me a front mudguard for my 21" wheel on my GSA LC.

Building the damn wheel and truing it was easier than sorting the mudguard!

I can draw it out in autocad in 3D then export it as an STL file (i think).

Pal I’d love to but we’ve only just got it, I’m sending Aaron on a course to be able to use it properly (within a commercial/professional environment - I’d go too but I can’t afford to send more than one of us on it) so I’d like to wait until late july before we start doing anything like that as I wouldn’t want to mess it up!

Small frame bungs we can do - mudguards etc I’d rather get some professional training and experience etc - I hope you understand.

If I’m the meantime you can send an stl file we can certainly fekk around with it :)

Well if you thought you had no time on your hands, get ready for 3d printing, it is a long learning curve, and when prints fail after 3 days, out comes your hair, I have a Prusa i3 MK3 although not commercial it is brill, and certainly helped me progress in the 3d area, their website and forum is really useful for tips Mark.

https://forum.prusaprinters.org/forum/english-forum-original-prusa-i3-mk2-5s-mk2-5/

Really appreciate that pal!

Your welcome mate, also the Filament they sell is really quality stuff, but believe it or not for just things to knock out kids toys and things for the garden etc, the filaments Amazons choice are cheap but do the job perfectly, little tip PLA is great for kids its bio, but disintegrates in the sun and weather, PETG is flexible and best for making bungs etc for the bike and resists oil and the sun, ABS is good hard and solid, but be careful of the fumes when printing they are toxic mate, I only print ABS in the garage and with a window open.

Back
Top Bottom