R1150GS - stolen from Bristol

Phew!!! Bike found and recovered by Bristol Police!!!!

Thanks a ton to Bristol Police and whoever was involved, do not know all details yet but at the outset, the 2 panniers, topbox, windscreen are missing, steering lock is broken and some wiring around it possibly....

Heartfelt thanks to those who wished the reunion, kept an eye out, looked for it, and recovered it, albeit some damage... words do not justify how pleased I am.....!!! 😇 Now to nurse its wounds and count the damage....

20190615_181317.jpg20190615_181328.jpg20190615_181339.jpg20190615_181349.jpg20190615_181401.jpg

I'm curious, did you use a lock or chain?

Eliminator, I had a heavy duty oxford chain which I use when I am not confident about the parking area...this was my routine ritual to park in motorcycle bay in train station car park....did not deem it unsafe....

That's fantastic news. I'm really sad that you had a chain AND were parked in a public place such as a train station car park and it still got stolen :(

However, you've got it back is the best news!!!!! Brilliant...

Congratulations on getting your bike back - top result to all concerned. :beerjug:

Great to hear you got her back, all be it with a few bits missing and some damage.

Great news on getting your bike back :thumb

It must be like a reunion between old friends. Great work.

Who found it? The Police or a member of public? Have they got someone they 'are going to talk to'?

It must be like a reunion between old friends. Great work.

Who found it? The Police or a member of public? Have they got someone they 'are going to talk to'?

A member of public reported that 3 individuals were riding erratically inside a park in Stoke Bishop... resulting in its recovery...
Police said they abandoned the bike and ran off....

Great to see you have bike back pretty sure I have a spare screen

Thanks Jeremy, will sound out once I know what's happening... Insurance said they will assess first... So have to wait and see

Phew!

Delighted you have got it back. Couldn't imagine what it must have felt like returning to an empty space. Lets hope that all that CCTV pays off and they catch the scrotes that did this:mcgun

Thanks Jeremy, will sound out once I know what's happening... Insurance said they will assess first... So have to wait and see

Don't let the insurance company have the bike...... keep it in your safe place. They will probably write it off and pay you peanuts to make a profit on it themselves... bastids that they are! I read it in here, so it must be true. To be fair, it was a good piece advice I was given after my off, so I had it recovered from the Police storage place to our naighbours container. The insurance tried to tell me that the recovery part of the policy only applied if it went to their approved repairer, somewhere in Kent.... I asked them to tell me where in the policy document it stated that. They went quiet, they will try it on at every stage working on the assumption that you need a quick and easy payout, at less than the going rate and will accept the hit for simplicity.

A member of public reported that 3 individuals were riding erratically inside a park in Stoke Bishop... resulting in its recovery...
Police said they abandoned the bike and ran off....

That’s Stoke Park Estate in the photos, it’s next to the M32 rather than Stoke Bishop, and it’s very near to where the bike was taken. Less than a mile and accessible via back roads.
It’ll be one of the little scrote gangs that we’re plagued with in Bristol.
Great news that you’ve got it back.
As former post says - keep it out of the insurer’s hands if you can.
H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delighted you have got it back. Couldn't imagine what it must have felt like returning to an empty space. Lets hope that all that CCTV pays off and they catch the scrotes that did this:mcgun

No joy from CCTV apparently.... its a bit hard to digest..... one probability would be if they wheeled or rode off against the one way system in the car park which would mean CCTV wouldn't have covered it...... :blast

Don't let the insurance company have the bike...... keep it in your safe place. They will probably write it off and pay you peanuts to make a profit on it themselves... bastids that they are! I read it in here, so it must be true. To be fair, it was a good piece advice I was given after my off, so I had it recovered from the Police storage place to our naighbours container. The insurance tried to tell me that the recovery part of the policy only applied if it went to their approved repairer, somewhere in Kent.... I asked them to tell me where in the policy document it stated that. They went quiet, they will try it on at every stage working on the assumption that you need a quick and easy payout, at less than the going rate and will accept the hit for simplicity.

Thank you King Rat, I certainly have no intention to let them keep it........ Mikeyboy had rebuilt my bike from scratch and I know mechanically it is in mint condition

That’s Stoke Park Estate in the photos, it’s next to the M32 rather than Stoke Bishop, and it’s very near to where the bike was taken. Less than a mile and accessible via back roads.
It’ll be one of the little scrote gangs that we’re plagued with in Bristol.
Great news that you’ve got it back.
As former post says - keep it out of the insurer’s hands if you can.
H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Happyhenry... for the correction.....am relatively recent to these parts am here due to work only......

Back
Top Bottom