R1150GS - stolen from Bristol

srao

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
All,

My bike has been stolen sometime during the day yesterday (11/06/19) from Filton Abey Wood train station car park. For all those good people in and around Bristol, please can you keep a lookout if the bike or any matching the pics comes up for sale?

Police, local fb biking groups have been notified.. Moderators please move this if necessary...

Bike is distinctive in the following features:
1. Clear Wunderlich Handguards bolted on to bark busters , left hand guard has severe abrasion marks on it
2. Left crash bar and left pannier has big abrasion marks on it (recent off), left pannier has abrasion marks on the front top corner, side and bottom has significant abrasion on it (recent off), scuff marks on left mirror
3. Front instrument panel cover has a Metzeler Elephant sticker, ABE, a world map in oval and a Saharan camel on it
4. The top box on the left has more than a dozen country flag stickers. On the back stickers of Sahara, with a Nippy's 'N' turned over to side to read '2' in between the British and Indian flags, right side of top box has stickers for Spain and Gibraltar
5. Right pannier has a white world map...

:mad::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad:

IMG_20170629_193804.jpgIMG_20170629_193726(1).jpgIMG_20170629_193740.jpgIMG_20170629_193726.jpgIMG_20190224_123949.jpg

Best of luck srao. Hope you get it back quickly.
There’s been far too much of this going on in Bristol over the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear the news Sudi.
Have a look around the area where it was stolen from. In London they seem to leave stolen bikes not far from where they were stolen in case it has a tracker on it.
Then if it's still in the same place a couple days later they know it's clear and come back to take it away.

Thanks All,

Neil, unfortunately there was no tracker on it, have been parking there for nearly 3 months....has CCTV on the outgoing road, hoping police will look into it as GWR wont share anything with me..
Have been around a bit no trace, more likely it be hauled up in a van... :blast

As a local to where it was stolen I am very sorry to hear this.

Ah correction to distinct features

Update to the distinct feature-> Forgot I changed the instrument panel cover to a plain one last weekend..so no stickers now on instrument panel at the time it was stolen

Thanks All,

has CCTV on the outgoing road, hoping police will look into it as GWR wont share anything with me..
Have been around a bit no trace, more likely it be hauled up in a van... :blast

you have a right to ask for any footage from a public facing CCTV camera. They have to give it to you. The figure used to be £10. I'm not sure what the £ is now but you are allowed to get it by law.

https://www.gov.uk/request-cctv-footage-of-yourself

You have the right to request closed circuit television (CCTV) footage of yourself.

The CCTV owner must provide this within 30 days, and can charge up to £10.

Most CCTV footage is deleted 30 days after it’s recorded.

You need to make a request in writing to the owner of the CCTV system. The owner’s details are usually written on a sign attached to the camera, unless the owner is obvious (like a shop).

You should tell them you’re requesting information held about you under the Data Protection Act, and provide information to help them identify you, for example:

a specific date and time
proof of your identity
a description of yourself
The CCTV owner might not be allowed to share any footage if:

other people can be seen in it
they’re not able to edit out people to protect their identity
The CCTV owner can invite you to a viewing of the footage if:

they’re unable to provide you with the footage itself
you agree with that arrangement
They can refuse your request if sharing the footage will put a criminal investigation at risk.

CCTV footage of a crime
If the CCTV footage relates to a crime and the police have the footage, they will tell you if you can see it.

If I've requested it in the past and given my £10, nobody as yet has said no.

Thanks for that Bandare, GWR flatly said I cant have it, police will have to contact them for which they have a process that is not accessible to me. Will check with them again..

Have you posted this on Facebook seen some good results getting bikes back some scummy bastards out there hope you get it back

As to the access to CCTV by a data subject (i.e. you), here's the Information Commissioner Code of Practice: https://ico.org.uk/media/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf. I've copied below the section you can mention to get the footage. If you start repeating the buzz words GDPR and art. 15 of the GDPR, they should get scared. 90% that should work. The 10 quids rule has been revoked.

However there's the risk they might be aware of an exception they can raise under the new DPA2018 to not release the footage. In short, if the footage captures a crime, they can say that, by releasing the footage, they may impair the prosecution of a crime. For example, if the person requesting the footage is the criminal...

Best of luck!

---

5.2.3 Subject access requests
Individuals whose information is recorded have a right to be provided with
that information or, if they consent to it, view that information.
Information must be provided promptly and within no longer than 40
calendar days of receiving a request. Providing information promptly is
important, particularly where you may have a set retention period which
will mean that the information will have been routinely deleted if you take
the full 40 calendar days to respond. In such circumstances it is good
practice to put a hold on the deletion of the information.

Sorry to hear about this Srao, hope you get it back.

Might be an idea to set up some ebay search alerts for all the aftermarket stuff. Good luck.

Bad news, if you don't get it back within the next few days I`d start checking breakers and second hand spares sellers for specific parts that match any of those on your bike.

Did you ask GWR if any other machines had been taken from their premises? :rolleyes:

Good Luck.

I have posted on Bristol bikers and stolen motorcycle groups

Thank you Marco, the last update I had is police have initiated the process to retrieve and view cctv footage. Haven't heard anything yet.

WellyGog, keeping a lookout generally for spares coming up for sale presume it may not be immediate .... Will find out in due course... Hoping for a reunion

Back
Top Bottom