Basecamp Maps

Tigger390

Reaction score
Hi

I am taking delivery of my 1250 GSA in a couple of weeks and have downloaded BaseCamp in preparation for my Nav 6. However, Basecamp does not appear to have any maps with it, do I have to purchase them separately or will it use the maps in the device when I plug it into the computer?

I have read about other programmes and apps people are using and was looking for a bit of advice if BaseCamp is not the best way forward.

Thanks

Nigel

If you are getting a Nav 6 with your bike then it will be the key you need to download maps from Garmin, once you have registered it with them.

I thought I read here that Basecamp was not supported now?

I am still using Mapsource, might not be as feature rich as some but it does the job and has a short learning curve...

If you are getting a Nav 6 with your bike then it will be the key you need to download maps from Garmin, once you have registered it with them.

Thanks Shakey, I'll have to wait till I get it.

I thought I read here that Basecamp was not supported now?

I am still using Mapsource, might not be as feature rich as some but it does the job and has a short learning curve...

I have read that on here but not sure. Is there a better and easier way to go? As the vid I watched on YT didn't look easy.

If you don’t like BaseCamp or refuse to like BaseCamp, then look at the section dedicated to other route planning software.

The one they all rave about is called, MyRoute

If you don’t like BaseCamp or refuse to like BaseCamp, then look at the section dedicated to other route planning software.

The one they all rave about is called, MyRoute

Thanks Wapping, I'll have a look.

I have read that on here but not sure. Is there a better and easier way to go? As the vid I watched on YT didn't look easy.

No. Fake News (as the saying goes). Apple Mac's IOS is now 64 bit and Basecamp was only 32 bit. But Garmin recently put out an update, so Basecamp is still supported

No. Fake News (as the saying goes). Apple Mac's IOS is now 64 bit and Basecamp was only 32 bit. But Garmin recently put out an update, so Basecamp is still supported
Sounds about right. It runs really well on my 32 bit macbook but is horrible on my 64 bit iMac. Time to seek the update then.

Back
Top Bottom