New to the R NineT...

jgk1459

Reaction score
New purchase, collecting tomorrow.

Coming from an XR - fancied a change!

Question - how many of you guys have 'Hilltop'd' and what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Attachments

• R nineT.jpg
    R nineT.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 634
Welcome to the fold; that's a great looking bike.

I have not been down the Hilltop route (yet) but I have had the Cat removed and that made a fair difference.

I hope you enjoy the change from the XR.

Mine has the stock engine/exhaust set-up and I'm happy as it is (once I change the rear suspension unit).

Yes i would spend the money on decent suspension before you go for more power.

Lovely looking bike,took one out while my RS was being serviced. Found the lack of gsap a nuisance and when doing over 80mph I missed having a fairing. Enjoy your new bike.

It would be advisable to run the bike for a while,
the lower gearing does make it feel punchy, 70/80 is easily reached, the tc motor has lots of torque,
at this point the wind blast like any other naked bike starts to interfere with the fun,
I did consider hilltop, having had previous bikes done, went for a sol booster type plug which appears to lower running temp slightly and a touch more pull,
The rear shock is pretty harsh over bumps for many including me, aftermarket shocks improve compliance,
if you have an earlier non adjustable front end , cartridge emulators make a big difference to compliance,
Bumpy B roads can be lots of fun in comfort with increased confidence,
Enjoy the new bike,

Thanks for your replies and kind comments.

Going to run it for a good while - see how it goes before doing anything.

So far I'm really pleased. Coming from an XR I was really worried about the drop in power - no need! The gearing and torque gives this 'real world' acceleration and speed. 0 - 80 mph is where its at, A and B road overtakes - I find the R9T more user friendly than the XR. Obviously its not as quick but it 'feels' quick and therefore makes me smile!

Here's a photo of mine:

Attachments

• IMG_20190622_104225888_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190622_104225888_HDR.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 417
I had mine Hilltopped a couple of years ago and the main thing I recall was the smoothness of the power delivery. I considered it a definite improvement, but I also got rid of the gubbins before the silencer, fitted Remus decat pipes, and Wilbur's suspension. Still very happy with the way she goes and handles. Enjoy!

New purchase, collecting tomorrow.

Coming from an XR - fancied a change!

Question - how many of you guys have 'Hilltop'd' and what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Hi JGK,

Great looking bike :thumb2

I have an R9T Urban GS and prior to that had the Classic RnineT, didn't bother Hilltopping either of them as i'm more than happy with the performance. I have Hilltopped my GSA which has made a difference to performance although i feel it's more to do with smoother power delivery rather than additional power (no flat spots)..

Hope you're enjoying the bike and looks like you may be down the road from me so if you ever fancy a ride out let me know:thumb2

I have a full titanium exhaust system on mine with a EJK fuel module. Goes great. Also have keno wheels and full ohlins setup.
Can upset a few sports bikes on the back roads, sounds great too.

Back
Top Bottom