New R1250RT today

Mark H

Formerly known as Easyrider5258 (Mark)
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Handover at Dealer (Reiten Motorrad) :thumb2 , Traffic certainly moved over smartly on the way home :D

Attachments

• BMW R1250RT.jpg
    BMW R1250RT.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 882
Looks very nice indeed.

Enjoy the new ride & give us an update/impressions when you have a moment..

looks great ...please dont add a Polite jacket to your clothing

Very nice mile muncher, bet that is like sitting on a sofa..................:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

I don't think it will be like sitting on a sofa with the standard seat on it. - at least for several thousand miles. The seats are not good. They do improve with use (a lot of use).

I don't think it will be like sitting on a sofa with the standard seat on it. - at least for several thousand miles. The seats are not good. They do improve with use (a lot of use).
I'd agree with that. Disappointing that BMW can't supply a higher quality seat on such an established tourer. Just have to stop more often for a coffee (and then for a pee...) :)

Very smart. It's worth considering a white bike if it makes the traffic move over

Very smart. It's worth considering a white bike if it makes the traffic move over

Unfortunately, it also has the effect of traffic slowing unpredictably in front when you can't pass, so sometimes it's a curse.

Just reached 1,000 miles on mine; I love it. Comparing it to it's 2016 1200RT predecessor, which had the worst gear-box of any motorcycle I have ever owned, or ridden, I like

A) Gear-box & clutch. Just fine, & so much better than the 2016 bike I sold. Not quite as good as my 2014 1200R, but v. good.

B) On cold start, the bike runs at 1,700rpm for about 20 seconds, then settles down. Like the old “fast Idle” lever, only automatic.

C) Exhaust note - really nice, especially on the open road when the opportunity arises to open her up a bit.

D) The spot-lights now work with both the headlamp & the DRL’s, whereas on the 1200RT it was only with the head-light.

E) Automatic suspension settings would I imagine be especially useful for those who take a pillion, &/or sometimes really load up the luggage

F) The Hill Start Control is much more refined, & doesn’t need 4,000+ rpm to move off……….

G) It really is torquey, not that I consider the 1200RT to have been greatly deficient.

Just reached 1,000 miles on mine; I love it. Comparing it to it's 2016 1200RT predecessor, which had the worst gear-box of any motorcycle I have ever owned, or ridden, I like

A) Gear-box & clutch. Just fine, & so much better than the 2016 bike I sold. Not quite as good as my 2014 1200R, but v. good.

B) On cold start, the bike runs at 1,700rpm for about 20 seconds, then settles down. Like the old “fast Idle” lever, only automatic.

C) Exhaust note - really nice, especially on the open road when the opportunity arises to open her up a bit.

D) The spot-lights now work with both the headlamp & the DRL’s, whereas on the 1200RT it was only with the head-light.

E) Automatic suspension settings would I imagine be especially useful for those who take a pillion, &/or sometimes really load up the luggage

F) The Hill Start Control is much more refined, & doesn’t need 4,000+ rpm to move off……….

G) It really is torquey, not that I consider the 1200RT to have been greatly deficient.

Just passed 2k on mine and would agree with all your observations. Its night and day compared to my 2014 bike. Well pleased. Oh and I have fitted my Akra off my 2014 bike and it sounds even better, although not too loud :)

Back
Top Bottom