non start up of windows 10 after power outage

Bloomers100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My son's chill blast gaming computer was switched on although not being actively used when the power went off today.

Now it won't start, we get at screen with some options on it including troubleshooting although the screens after that don't match what I see on google when I pursue the problem.

I can't seem to start it in safe mode either.

Anyone got a suggestion, our options don't seem to match the options we find online.

Post a picture of what you see at startup, also have a look in the Bios that the correct disk in the boot area with the OS is showing, sometimes with power cuts the Bios throws a wobbly.

Try following the prompts on screen and start the troubleshooting process. Don’t get hung up too much on google because things could be changed by someone who does or does not know what their doing. See if a hard disc menu comes up and follow the prompts. JJH

It's entirely possible the power interuption has caused a corruption in the hard drive boot sector which needs repairing
using CHKDSK or similar utility but, as it won't boot, the disk needs to be read by another PC where you can run the utility
on it and hopefully repair the boot sector. I have a caddy that i can plug a couple of drives into and read them on any pc.
and have used it to retrieve corrupted drives. Look to see if one of the options on the screen is run CHKDSK.

Will do. we can get the black and white screen is that the bios? says system32/ something like that I guess we need a suitable prompt here.

As you can probably tell I'm no expert may take it to 'a man'.

Will do. we can get the black and white screen is that the bios? says system32/ something like that I guess we need a suitable prompt here.

As you can probably tell I'm no expert may take it to 'a man'.

In all honestly if you are now getting system32 as you say, better to take it to a man, as you can do more damage than good if you do the wrong thing, power outages are pretty safe for laptops as they have a battery also, maybe think of connecting your PC to a small APC UPS like in link below, my electrical stuff is always plugged into one, for exactly the outage reason.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/APC-Back-U...60584061&s=gateway&sprefix=apc,aps,179&sr=8-4

It's unlikely that the BIOS has changed, if it was right before the outage it's highly likely it still is.
If the PC is trying to boot then falling over with the BSoD (blue screen of death) coming up then
it's likely to be, as i point out above. I had the same problem on my laptop a while ago and that turned
out to be a corruption of the Boot Sector which, as i said i fixed by sticking the drive in the drive caddy
i have and accessing it on another PC and running CHKDSK to find and repair the problem. All good to go after.

Did you leave any media plugged in your USB ports/DVD ?

Back
Top Bottom