Discount on F750 and F850 GS/A in France

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I say this on the french Bmw website and went to a dealership in La Rochelle as I was passing. Approximately €2,500 offered off the bikes if purchased before the end of June , offered as including a number of “packs” touring, dynamic etc for ‘free’. Thought it kind of odd that there would be such a promotion so early after launch? Any one hearing riding an F850 GSA? The rallye sport looked good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dd67ea7bb9a9e9f9904fa9fe37e0dab8.jpg
01032f394515ef3ae193dc7aa89a8e96.jpg

They were on same offer at Zurich Bike Show in Feb and has been repeated since. They can't be flying off the shelves. Not surprising the increase in spec from the previous 7/800 has added 16kgs. They are not much lighter than the 1200's, in fact they are heavier than the R9T's. There is a big gap in the range. The next bike down is the G310.

I say this on the french Bmw website and went to a dealership in La Rochelle as I was passing. Approximately €2,500 offered off the bikes if purchased before the end of June , offered as including a number of “packs” touring, dynamic etc for ‘free’. Thought it kind of odd that there would be such a promotion so early after launch? Any one hearing riding an F850 GSA? The rallye sport looked good.

My eyesight must be gone, I saw rather than I say!
I have not seen a single F850 GS Adventure on the road, ( maybe its my eyesight again) but was told in one dealership that any that came in have been sold straight out. Without discount I think it is considerably over priced. I am going to test ride one next week just to see how it rides.

Probably the same deal as the F750GS Sport here in the UK...

Got F850GS fully loaded with all bits n bobs, cracking bike lots of get up and go and easy to chuck about,
Only gripe not a shaft drive but quite like fooking about with lube;)

They were on same offer at Zurich Bike Show in Feb and has been repeated since. They can't be flying off the shelves. Not surprising the increase in spec from the previous 7/800 has added 16kgs. They are not much lighter than the 1200's, in fact they are heavier than the R9T's. There is a big gap in the range. The next bike down is the G310.

A big gap indeed.
They should never have stopped producing the 650 single. It was underrated and dismissed an an 'entry level'
bike so probably wasn't fashionable. Maybe they'll have a rethink about it being resurrected.
One of the best engines BMW had in their range.

Agreed. The 750 is much larger than the old 700 and can be used as a cheaper alternative to the 1200/1250. The Varios fit and the room is the same. I fit easily at a portly 6'2 and come from a 1200 GSA. 224kg wet isn't exactly heavy though.

Agreed. The 750 is much larger than the old 700 and can be used as a cheaper alternative to the 1200/1250. The Varios fit and the room is the same. I fit easily at a portly 6'2 and come from a 1200 GSA. 224kg wet isn't exactly heavy though.

224kgs isn't light

Yam Tenere 700 about to be launched is south of 200kgs for a similar size engine and layout

Back
Top Bottom