Electronic Ignition

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m thinking of fitting electronic Ignition to my 1974 R90/6, I’ve seen the Boyer kits on the Motorworks website, are they any good,? Are there any other choices out there.

If you want a simple , cheap, bolt on kit for a points bike there is not a lot of choice.
I bolted one on to my R75/7 almost 20 years ago and it has been fit and forget - I haven't touched it since.
There are probably crank mounted systems around for five or six times the price but they bring their own problems and the bike won't run noticeably better with them.
I fitted a timing chain and Dyna coil at the same time and there was a noticeable difference in starting and performance, but that was from a low base1
Boyer now have their own twin coils, and they seem to be very helpful if you call them regarding the best set up.

Boyer’s are a good solution, the electronics have been updated and they will now operate down to much lower voltages.

Crank mounted systems are more expensive , they have a variety of timing maps which might be useful if you are twin plugging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom