R1150GS Adventure Alternative Seats

Bandare

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I do quite a few miles each week on my bike commuting and also plan to go away on a few trips this Summer. I wondered if anyone has used any alternative seats to the originals and what the advantages/disadvantages are.

I am tall so no need for a lowered one at all. If anything I'd like higher :)

I've heard of a Corbin and Sargent. They look like a great seat for the rider but are they worse for a pillion too?

Any thoughts from experience, please let me know.

Tony Archer, another to consider.

It what suits your shape & weight really, Corbin all day for me.

I have tried loads. I am 6'6" and find any shaped/steooed one stops me moving around. The stock seat is awful. Will post a photo of the one I have on at the moment, it is good for four hour rides. I have a spare seat that I keep meaning to get to Tony Archer to have sorted and made a bit taller at the same time.
I think the best solution is convert to a gs seat as much more choice. But that is a fair bit of work.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

The one I use is pictured fitted to bike. The depressions in it are where something has been on top of it - I have three bikes and not used this one for a few months as fork seals gone. Standard seat base but recovered/foamed at some point. To me it is better than standard.

Stepped seat (also pictured, in similar colour) is awful for me as I can not move around on seat. The seat shown off the bike is not the one on the bike!

Attachments

• IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 190
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 197
Sargent is perfect

Attachments

• P1010819.jpg
    P1010819.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC02505.jpg
    DSC02505.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 191
After many years of the uncomfortable standard seat, also had Tony Archer Gel inserts fitted, still bloody uncomfortable :barf I bought a Sargent, best money I’ve spent, you sit it, rather than on it :beerjug:

Don't bother with gel inserts on any brand.

Back
Top Bottom