Engine Bars

rogerstan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 1250 Rallye TE that i will be picking up in a couple of weeks. Engine Bar finishes? Not sure about finish as there seems to be a choice of Blue, Black, Silver. SW Motech, Wunderlich, BMW stock :nenau

The bike has enough colour on as it is, Red, white, blue, white frame, silver subframe.

Just wondered what you lads have gone for.

I went for as close a colour as I could find to the frame colour on my triple black... That isn't just black anymore

Attachments

• Stealth.jpg
    Stealth.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 502
Hi Roger, what did you go with in the end? I picked up exact same bike a couple of weeks back and have exact same question - found this one through search. Thanks

I have a 1250 Rallye TE that i will be picking up in a couple of weeks. Engine Bar finishes? Not sure about finish as there seems to be a choice of Blue, Black, Silver. SW Motech, Wunderlich, BMW stock :nenau

The bike has enough colour on as it is, Red, white, blue, white frame, silver subframe.

Just wondered what you lads have gone for.

I went with none, my reckoning is that when i had OEM guards had a off it pushed the cal head cove run and that meant i had to buy cal head cover and a new crash bar! I then tried the Hex heads machine art plastic covers i was fortunate in 30,000k miles not have a off, but my pal MTS had off on same bike with hex heads it too pused the cal head and cracked it! so he had to buy a cal head cover and a PAIR of new plastic hex heads as the dont come in singles. So my thoughts when i bought my new 1250 TE Rallye in March was bugga the bars and the hex heads Unfortunately i had off only last week well it was like a ballet pirouette at the Mountain side Hairpin at Scarborough Olivers Mount and it marked my head but not to bad. So I need some Agate Grey paint (if anyone knows where to get it) My thoughts are you pay your money and take your chance but i like the bike without them easier to clean, lighter and looks better.

Attachments

• +3MQfr6UQrKE6L+5oDVgzQ.jpg
    +3MQfr6UQrKE6L+5oDVgzQ.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 273
  • eQJFcYbBSqSCR5YrAiy6aw.jpg
    eQJFcYbBSqSCR5YrAiy6aw.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 307
  • CRlIoltuT6+EE2QXL7xcqA.jpg
    CRlIoltuT6+EE2QXL7xcqA.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 266
I have the toutatech engine bars on my 1200.
I chucked the bike down the road at 40mph on a Scottish tour. The bike went down on the exhaust side. The bike slid for about 50ft with only the bars and tyres touching the road.
Damage? Apart from the ground engine bars nothing touched down, no exhaust, handle bars, plastics,nothing.
I was able to ride away and continue the trip. £360 well spent.

Back
Top Bottom