Premier Bikes Ocford Take On Triumph

Nice 'n' Fat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just had confirmation Premier Bikes have now taken on the Triumph franchise for Oxfordshire complimenting the KTM franchise which they have had for many years :thumb2

Triumph Demos will be arriving at the end of this week and they will be at the Cassington Bike Night which happens next Monday 24th June :cool:

Can't wait :bounce1

It makes sense to fill the gap, after Hughenden M40 were dropped last Autumn (they were BMW years back, for those with a long memory).

I'm a bit surprised that Blade didn't get it though, ivo the Swindon franchise & Abingdon set-up. There doesn't seem room for a second operation at the existing & very orange PB site on the x-roads, so I wonder how it will be handled?

The bike side of Blade Group was recently sold and the Abingdon site is on an industrial estate, so I don't know if this had any influence on Triumph's decision ?

The new location (although they have been there since March 2018) for Premier Bikes is the old Oxford Harley-Davidson site OX13 6BS, which, rather amusingly, was run by Blade up until a few years ago.

If you go on to GOOGLE Earth it shows it as still being Oxford H-D and you can also see just how mahoosive the site is. What you would not be aware of (unless you visited) is the huge extension at the back of the original showroom which virtually doubles the sales area. It also increases the workshop area and adds a mezzanine floor which is currently being turned in to a café :beerjug:

Now when you go in you will see KTM on the left and a separate door on the right for Triumph :thumb2

I’m glad this has happened, as the guys there work very hard, so having another brand will boost business for them. :beerjug:

I see, I think.........so Triumph will be where they were trading the used bikes.

Correct … Triumph like their bikes and accessories displayed in a certain. This will mean new Triumphs will also extend in to the rear showroom where there will also be used bikes (of all brands) on display :thumb2

Their experience in competition machines that need regular engine rebuilds should serve them well with the Triumph Exploders ;-)

I think the 675 Daytonas need a rebuild more often than an KTM EXC.

So what are Hughingdon M40 going to do now, I bought a Yamaha XS750 from them in 1981, when they were a BMW dealer. Worst bike I've ever had, it only had 3000miles on it, drank more oil them petrol, sadly it got knicked before I could get rid !!!!

Jenks

Back
Top Bottom