660 Car mount

BigBeard

Reaction score
Hey up, does anyone know if it’s possible to get audio out of the 2.5mm socket on the 660 mount, the one that look like this or is it used for the external antenna/traffic receiver?

:)

It’s not the power socket, power connects to a multi pin socket and works fine. I found an old BT sena unit this afternoon that only works on one speaker so can probably bodge something together :)

Mmmm, I'm confused. The way I read it, he's asking about "the 2.5mm socket on the 660 mount, the one that look like this" and not the jack socket on the side of the 660. I'm easily confused though.

garmin_zumo660_overview_en.jpg

I'm easily confused though.

Not nearly as easily confused as some others Deek but then you know that....:augie

If I can find my 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, I'll see if that socket does output sound. Garmin have a history of using 2.5mm jacks for voice direction output which is why I have an adapter somewhere. I used it to plug earphones into my Streetpilot III on my VFR more than 15 years ago.

I'm not sure what the USB socket on the rear of the mount is for...:nenau

I'm guessing that BigBeard is planning to use the 660 car mount for a later GPS unit since the 660 has a built in speaker. It'll certainly take a Nav V and should take Nav VI. I use mine for a Nav IV and Nav V.

Attachments

• IMG_3456.jpg
    IMG_3456.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 98
I'm not sure what the USB socket on the rear of the mount is for...:nenau

A bit of Internet sleuthing reveals it's a socket for a traffic information antenna. My Trafficmaster antenna is fitted to the cigarette lighter power cable, from one of my far too many other old Garmin units, that I use to power my Nav IV and V in the car.

I'm guessing that BigBeard is planning to use the 660 car mount for a later GPS unit since the 660 has a built in speaker. It'll certainly take a Nav V and should take Nav VI. I use mine for a Nav IV and Nav V.

Yes I’m using a Nav VI ( powers up fine in the 660 mount ) and can live without the voice prompts, thanks for the input :)

Back
Top Bottom