Aftermarket LED headlight...

Decompressing

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Saw these on eBay....anyone been brave enough to try one?!

Attachments

• 9C8DDD2A-79DD-4FD9-8194-0672257745E0.jpg
    9C8DDD2A-79DD-4FD9-8194-0672257745E0.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 777
I’ve had one on for about a year, maybe more.......works well very bright and like the look of it. It’s not BMW quality but it’s very good.
3a44442cb157738cac2892896da10a96.jpg
1ed70c63543d0d5d4323a77bb5ccae53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should try one.
I was looking at these last year but never plucked up the courage.......it would be an expensive mistake if it turned out to be shite.

Sent from a U11

I’ve had one on for about a year, maybe more.......works well very bright and like the look of it. It’s not BMW quality but it’s very good.

Is it "plug & play"

Sent from a U11

I've been looking at these too. And just like the thoughts above, it looked like a lot of dosh if it turned out to be shite.

But it seems they're ok...I may just do it after seeing Chug-Chug's post

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Any issues when you've taken the bike for MOT? I'm guessing there shouldn't be as they are 'e' marked! (although not sure how real those 'e' marks are!!)

Headlight beam definitely better than the original?

Where did you get yours from?

Can you still adjust the headlight aim?

I got my headlight from Matt Geko, I’ve had no problem with MOT.

Yep, plug it in and boom

I'm thinking I might do it... So a couple of questions ref plug & play...

On the OEM headlight, there's a little spigot in the centre, above the oil cooler, that locates into the bottom of the headlight unit. Is there a hole in the bottom of this LED unit to receive that spigot? Or did you have to remove the spigot?

Is the main beam any good?

Cheers

On the OEM headlight, there's a little spigot in the centre, above the oil cooler, that locates into the bottom of the headlight unit. Is there a hole in the bottom of this LED unit to receive that spigot? Or did you have to remove the spigot?

Cheers

I don’t recall removing anything, it fitted well, you have the screw holes on the back of the headlight to pick up and fit the speedo/clocks only fiddly not was to put the spacers between the light and the screen frame, you need extra fingers or loads of patience...of which I have none!!

The permanent led light wasn’t working when I fitted the light, but soon realised the plug can go either way so simply turned it around and all worked.

I don’t recall removing anything, it fitted well, you have the screw holes on the back of the headlight to pick up and fit the speedo/clocks only fiddly not was to put the spacers between the light and the screen frame, you need extra fingers or loads of patience...of which I have none!!

The permanent led light wasn’t working when I fitted the light, but soon realised the plug can go either way so simply turned it around and all worked.

Thanks for that. It does look good... . I'm sold.

You didn't mention the high beam? Do you remember much difference from the OEM candle?

It’s much brighter, the beam is wide and flat, better for us......I don’t think oncoming traffic like it but who cares

The place I use for MOT is biker friendly so I have no issues.

Cheers

It says in the bumph that it doesn't use the bottom mount.

It says in the bumph that it doesn't use the bottom mount.
Ok. Thanks. But which bumf? Seems to depend on which distributor you look at...

So can I now ask. Is that little spigot removable - so it can be reinstated if wanted?

I think the latest models use the bottom mount.......the original ones didn't.

Sent from a U11

Purchased! They seem to have dropped in price quite a bit... But let's see what turns up. I opted for the version 1, the faux water cooled version. I'll have to deal with the spigot story when it's in front of me!

Good luck, it definitely updates the look of the bike, I then had to change the auxiliary light bulbs as they looked yellow next to the bright crisp white led light,

Purchased! They seem to have dropped in price quite a bit... But let's see what turns up. I opted for the version 1, the faux water cooled version. I'll have to deal with the spigot story when it's in front of me!

What cost did it come in at delivered to the UK?

Back
Top Bottom