“Cyclops” LED headlights (H11)

Nin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks

I’m considering upgrading the lights on my SA-T and have been reading about the Cyclops LED kit which gets great reviews. But at somewhere north of £150 I’m somewhat sceptical.

Does anyone on here know what the difference is between their units, and the ones you can get for £10:00 a pair form a well known Chinese sale site? I cannot for the life of me spot a difference.

Nin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cant speak for the Chinese ones but i've had the cyclops lights for eighteen months now yes the price is a bit alarming but good quality kit.

I run the Cyclops kit in my 1190 and they are very good indeed. Having said that, TBH, I didn't really have an issue with the standard lighting........

I haven't a clue about the £10 jobs on eBay but unless Cyclops are making massive margins I'd imagine the old adage of you get what you pay for rings true here. Why not try a pair, at £20 it's not a big risk?

Andres

Cheers fellas , that’s the plan.

I bought a pair of Chinese led spotlights that look identical to the BMW units about a year ago - £36 a pair vs £several hundred. Side by side I cannot spot the difference - even the little casting marks look the same.

So I guess it’s the old “extra production run” form the same factory.

Anyway, I’ll give em a go and carry spares.

Nin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought the Cyclops for my 1190 back in 2015. My mate bought some cheap bulbs from eBay.

I couldn't tell the difference in use. If anything, his were brighter. Rather annoying!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nin,
I've been running the £10 eBay ones for about 2 1/2 years now with no real problems
Just remember that you will need the load resistors to trick the can-bus or you will get the Lamp F errors.

Neil

Ride Mag tested a load of lights a while back, generally you get what you pay for, the really cheap ones were rubbish, and the really expensive ones pretty good, although some were better than others and some mid priced units beat some top end ones....

...but a £10 one is likely to be much worse than what you already have!

Paid £15 for mine so should be fine then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bit of a faff to fit as I had to wire in the resistors but for £15 I’ve got great LED light and a pretty good beam pattern too. (I got Ebay Item No 232940596998 btw)

Happy with that, let’s see how long they last (I will be carrying spares ...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom