Moon mileage R90S Video

jakz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

apologies for a link as a first post, but I just made a film about an R90S that's been to the moon in terms of mileage: 240k!
So I thought I'd share it with you to see what you think. I know these bikes are well known for being nearly indestructible, but that's some serious mileage.
I'm used to filming very lightly used, low-mileage Japanese bikes from the 70s, so this is something completely different.

Enjoy the film and let me know what you think :)

Good story and great video. �� Thanks

Thanks guys :) Glad you like it. Was a load of fun making that film. And what a bike!

I really enjoyed that. Its a nice story and the scenes belend together well. You've also done a great job of capturing the engine/exhust notes which seem to be a bit tricky for many or which even get overwhelemed or obliterated by the accompanying instrumentals. Thanks for sharing. Its a nice sunny evening here, I think I'll take my 1992 GS for a spin.

Yeah, it's not easy at all to capture the sounds.

Mic positioning is always a challenge, as are windy conditions (like I had on a Honda CBX shoot recently) and gear getting unstuck, etc.

I try my best though :)

If 240,000 km takes you to the moon then my G/S has almost been to the moon and back, and has managed it on the original clutch too!
No pics, I don't think I have ever taken a pic of any bike I have owned-= I buy them to ride!

Beautiful bike.
Did you stay at the Farmhouse Innhouse Hotel in Portsmouth on the 3rd June perchance?
I saw one of that colour in the car park. There can't be many around in that condition, it looked brand new.
Was still there in the morning (4th) when I set off.

If 240,000 km takes you to the moon then my G/S has almost been to the moon and back, and has managed it on the original clutch too!
No pics, I don't think I have ever taken a pic of any bike I have owned-= I buy them to ride!

How ungracious :nenau
BTW 240K miles = 386,242.56 Kilometres.

Great vid thanks for sharing :thumby:

I had the next offering, the R100RS and put 334,000 miles onit, with only service items changed. Original clutch, wheelbearings, suspension.... nothing major changed at all. It got too cumbersome for me with the narrow bars and I got lured by the 1150 Adventure, I should have kept it. :thumby:

Thanks nice story . So in today’s money it would be £21,500 :green gri

My mate has a gspd paralever model with 400,000 miles same bottom end barrels and pistons , one clutch and two shafts I believe.

Cheers guys :)

The 'man in the saddle' told me that he had spent a fair bit to keep it on the road.
But nothing more than the kind of maintenance you'd expect with that kind of mileage.
I think the gerabox is a replacement, and I'm not sure if the paint is 100% original, but that's kind of about it.

Back
Top Bottom