Sena srl and Zumo 550

sanqhar

Reaction score
From a previously wired Autocom system I have now progressed to a Neotec 2 and Sena SRL.

I have managed to pair my Iphone and also my Zumo 550.

However I have just come across para 5.4.2 in the User’s Guide which says that if the GPS is my preferred stereo music source (which it is) then I should pair it as a mobile phone and then pair the phone to the GPS. The Guide then says because the SRL then thinks the GPS is a mobile phone I should no longer pair my phone to the SRL direct.

I do not always have the GPS with me when I am out on the bike so there are times when I need the Phone connected direct to the SRL. If I paired the phone as a second phone would this then give give me both options?

Tom

I might have to be corrected in this (I too have an SRL) but it seems that important detail is the order in which you connect things.

So, to make the Satnav your music source and phone, uncheck the bluetooth on your phone (or make sure the phone is sufficiently out of range) - then fire up your satnav, switch on the SRL and let them connect.

After this, you can connect your phone.

Later, if you go out without the satnav, just connect the SRL and phone as normal.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

From a previously wired Autocom system I have now progressed to a Neotec 2 and Sena SRL.

I have managed to pair my Iphone and also my Zumo 550.

However I have just come across para 5.4.2 in the User’s Guide which says that if the GPS is my preferred stereo music source (which it is) then I should pair it as a mobile phone and then pair the phone to the GPS. The Guide then says because the SRL then thinks the GPS is a mobile phone I should no longer pair my phone to the SRL direct.

I do not always have the GPS with me when I am out on the bike so there are times when I need the Phone connected direct to the SRL. If I paired the phone as a second phone would this then give give me both options?

Tom

I dont think this will work as when you have the navigator the phone will try to connect to both the navigator and SRL probably end up constantly disconnecting / re-connecting to either navigator or phone.

I would like your suggested setup so please tell us if you find a working solution.

Ian

I dont think this will work as when you have the navigator the phone will try to connect to both the navigator and SRL probably end up constantly disconnecting / re-connecting to either navigator or phone.

I would like your suggested setup so please tell us if you find a working solution.

Ian
As per my post above. I've found the order in which things are connected makes a difference. I'm guessing that once once bluetooth chip is busy with 'primary' functions, the second chip then has a narrower range of functionality...

As per my post above. I've found the order in which things are connected makes a difference. I'm guessing that once once bluetooth chip is busy with 'primary' functions, the second chip then has a narrower range of functionality...

Thanks for this. As it is so far I have not yet tried anything actually using the bike. It’s all been done from the comfort of my settee!
Getting my head around all the different button presses is bad enough. I need to make a note of the basic commands.

Will keep you posted.

Tom

Thanks for this. As it is so far I have not yet tried anything actually using the bike. It’s all been done from the comfort of my settee!
Getting my head around all the different button presses is bad enough. I need to make a note of the basic commands.

Will keep you posted.

Tom
Yea, I know what you mean. It does take a while, but to be honest, you'll find you only use a handful if the functions and they become easier to remember. I love the voice control!

So after firing up navigator and letting SRL and navigator to connect you turn on the phone or bring it into range. Now the phone has two choices either SRL or Navigator so it will either connect to one or the other randomly or it more likely will get confused!

Ian

Unfortunatly your options are limited

The 550 is a mono one device BT connection

You can either connect your phone to the 550 and have nav coms & phone use via the headset,

Music streaming must be from memory card in the Zumo, (Fixed order & mono)

or you can have music streaming via your phone & Nav coms - but no phone ability via the Zumo

You need BT 4.0 on all devices - Comms - Nav - & Phone to get get full 2 way connection

So after firing up navigator and letting SRL and navigator to connect you turn on the phone or bring it into range. Now the phone has two choices either SRL or Navigator so it will either connect to one or the other randomly or it more likely will get confused!

Ian

But mine works just fine... and depending on the order I connect things, I get a different range of functionality as described. But my phone also has two bluetooth chips, which I guess does help...

Yes, the phone will have two choices, but the functionality of each connection will be different.

I did discover I think jk, that with the music coming from the satnav, you lose voice control of it (pause, play, next etc). You have to control it from the satnav

But mine works just fine... and depending on the order I connect things, I get a different range of functionality as described. But my phone also has two bluetooth chips, which I guess does help...

Yes, the phone will have two choices, but the functionality of each connection will be different.

I did discover I think jk, that with the music coming from the satnav, you lose voice control of it (pause, play, next etc). You have to control it from the satnav

OK. Im not sure how you control whether the phone connects to navigator or SRL, maybe your phone connects to both if it has two bluetooth chips? What phone do you have as Ive not heard of one having two bluetooth channels.

Ian

OK. Im not sure how you control whether the phone connects to navigator or SRL, maybe your phone connects to both if it has two bluetooth chips? What phone do you have as Ive not heard of one having two bluetooth channels.

Ian
Hi Ian. I have an S10. And yes, it has two bt chips. I should add, I'm connecting to a zumo 590... which also claims to have two chips... So maybe this is the difference?

It actually took me a while to work out what the fook was going on in the beginning, because I was getting different functionality at different times. Which for me felt random. But after a little study, I played a little. I've arrived at this point.... the order in which things get connected...

Back
Top Bottom