Full circle

Rich C

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well after 10 years on two 1150's :bounce1, 3 years on a hexhead GSA :), a year on a multistrada :eek: and 2 years on an LC :thumb2 I've finally come full circle and got myself an 1100! Boy it's nice to be back! Always fancied one, it's just taken me a while!

I intend to keep the bike pretty standard but there's a few things I would like to do. Firstly the lack of leg room has surprised me compared to the LC. Any recommendations for lower footpegs? Migsel maybe? Second the side stand is rather weird! Again any recommendations for a side stand foot enlarger? I seem to recall people talking about pucks for the stands or some such. Lastly bar risers definitely required if I'm going to spend any time stood up. Thoughts? Migsel again?

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

cheers

R

Attachments

• IMG_20190507_192009.jpg
    IMG_20190507_192009.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 242
looks a very tidy example too rich! i love my 1100 and feel no need to upgrade to these new fangled, wonky-eyed 1150 contraptions ;)

that front shock looks original, worth upgrading front and rear if you have the £££. I went for a YSS rear and because im poor, a low mile 1150 stock front. Much nicer to ride now.

hockey puck screwed to the side stand foot, or similar solution, works well. I used a 1" butchers block rubber cut to shape and sandwiched between the foot and a 4mm aluminium plate for the bottom.

bar risers, I use a pair of rox risers which bring it up 2" and back slightly. fully adjustable. however you can get identical design risers from china on ebay for very little money.

John Wilkinson (mrwilks on here) makes lowered, larger adv style footpegs at a decent price.

if not done already, install quick disconnects for the fuel tank. metal ones. if its got plastic ones, replace just the male parts with metal.

check the ignition loom and other wiring around the headstock isnt cable tied too tight, they need to be quite loose otherwise they can chafe and break, causing headaches. just snip the cable ties and check theyre not rubbing against anything when turning the bars.

welcome back, and enjoy ;)

looks a very tidy example too rich! i love my 1100 and feel no need to upgrade to these new fangled, wonky-eyed 1150 contraptions ;)

that front shock looks original, worth upgrading front and rear if you have the £££. I went for a YSS rear and because im poor, a low mile 1150 stock front. Much nicer to ride now.

hockey puck screwed to the side stand foot, or similar solution, works well. I used a 1" butchers block rubber cut to shape and sandwiched between the foot and a 4mm aluminium plate for the bottom.

bar risers, I use a pair of rox risers which bring it up 2" and back slightly. fully adjustable. however you can get identical design risers from china on ebay for very little money.

John Wilkinson (mrwilks on here) makes lowered, larger adv style footpegs at a decent price.

if not done already, install quick disconnects for the fuel tank. metal ones. if its got plastic ones, replace just the male parts with metal.

check the ignition loom and other wiring around the headstock isnt cable tied too tight, they need to be quite loose otherwise they can chafe and break, causing headaches. just snip the cable ties and check theyre not rubbing against anything when turning the bars.

welcome back, and enjoy ;)

gog, cheers, it's all starting to come back to me from my 1150 days.. ! namely the dreadful plastic fuel disconnects!

Interesting comment re the 1150 front shock. Hadn't appreciated it was an improved item. Id got the suspension flagged up as a maybe for next year to do. I had Wilbers on my last 1150 and it was as good as it was expensive so the jury's still out on that one. And you're right it is the original suspension on this.

I shall look into the rest too.

And youre right about these new fangled 1150's!

cheers

I have a pair of risers if you need them. Wunderlich ones. I put them on - thought that was horrid and took them back off again......put in box and forgotten about, until now.

I have a pair of risers if you need them. Wunderlich ones. I put them on - thought that was horrid and took them back off again......put in box and forgotten about, until now.

Cheers.. Have sent you a PM

Back
Top Bottom