New Interphones launched

Well had it for a couple of weeks now but not had much chance to get out with the weather and Christmas,but we had a day or so with them ,They came pre-paired so that was one less fuss,and to be fair i think there a big step from the F5mc especially as we can chat and have music on in the background, the speed dial option is good and clear,some of the voice commands can take a bit of getting use to but its all a learning curve,the large buttons seem pretty eay to use but i did have my thick winter gloves on which made it a bit clumsy for a while,The range is not too bad i dont think its much improvement on the F5 but were either riding together or rider/pillion,I didn't buy them for group riding so Im not sure if its mesh thingymajig,The app(mines Android) as others have said is basic but if you want to adjust settings on the move or store radio stations,its all i need.We both have flip helmets and the boom mikes are ok,on my F5 i had the short fixed mike which worked well and didnt get trapped in the chin curtain when you closed your lid but unfortunately there a different plug then the new one so i might see if i can solder it over.The speakers arn't JBL's but there pretty good ,we both have Neotec 2 so theres not much wind noise.
So yeah all in all Im pretty happy with them, i dont know if anyone else has them as there seems to be a lot of problem questions regarding Senas and Packtalks lately so im presuming the Interphones are an acquired taste.
When the weather eases up a bit i'll try and get out with the wife and get a bit more use out of them and let you know if theres any cons.

Rick, I have the tour which is a good bit of kit.......except for one problem. I am linked to the other tour and if I'm talking and the sat nav gives an instruction, it kills the the conversation and keeps the satnav channel open for ever. Im using a nav 5 BTW.
Id be interested to know if yours is any better.

I have had an Interphone Tour since March and like it but, it went flakey at the small usb type connection so it's gone back to sportsbikeshop for investigation.

In the meantime, i have bought, through sportsbike, the Interphone Avant version mainly because of the voice control option and up to now i'm very
pleased with it. The voice control is excellent and makes selecting stations, music, phone on the move a lot safer and easier as i don't need to touch
the unit but, if i do use the buttons they are easier to locate than on the Tour, i find anyhow. The main reason i got the Bluetooth setup is so i can
contact or be contacted by, the Bloodbike controller on the move. With the Tour, this means button pushes but with the Avant i can, if i
first store the controller's number, just issue a voice command and it's done. the battery life, in common with the Tour is excellent and the connection
to phone and sat nav immediate and solid. As has already been mentioned, the App is a really good facility to have.
When i get the Tour back, either new or repaired i will install it on my spare helmet or when needed, on the wife's hat and, as the mounts/headsets are
interchangeable i will be able to just swap the Avant from one to the other without any messing about, or if the wife needs it just slot the Tour on,
pair it with the Avant and we have comms. so, versatilty between the units is a bonus.

All this means my long serving Autocom setup has been retired; if the Interphone serves me as good as that has done, i'll be doing ok :thumb

Rick, I have the tour which is a good bit of kit.......except for one problem. I am linked to the other tour and if I'm talking and the sat nav gives an instruction, it kills the the conversation and keeps the satnav channel open for ever. Im using a nav 5 BTW.

"MULTI-MIX AUDIO: listen to music or the GPS without interruption – you can communicate in intercom mode and listen to another source in the background at the same time"
It says it dosnt shut off the conversation ,but ive yet to try it with my Nav 6,Im hoping so as that was a right old pain with the F5 interrupting the conversation.Maybe Tony will have had a bit more miles out of his to be able to let us know.

I haven't tried it yet and whether or not it would solve your particular annoyance i can't say but, there is this in the user manual;

FM Mix
The FM Mix function allows listening to FM radio in the background during a conversation with another
intercom. To activate it, it is necessary to set the FM Mix volume to a value between “Low/Medium/
High” (see Chap. 3.1). This parameter sets the background volume of the radio during the conversation.
Once the conversation is over, the FM radio volume increases to the standard level set. To deactivate the
function, set the FM Mix volume on “Off” (see Chap. 3.1).

In fact, you can have a look at the complete thing here;

https://www.interphone.com/medias/?...UwNjlkNWIxMjE0YmM2NzUyZjM2ZDVlZmI5MmZkYjRlM2Y

Update;
The Avant is proving to be good but, have just hit a snag with it. My mate has the packtalk bold and the two will not pair.
I also have an interphone tour and that pairs no problem. Been told by the suppliers that it's an issue known to them.
So, if you want an intercom that will pair with your buddies packtalk don't buy the Avant. Seems there are other
interphones that similarly, won't connect. Thing is, these units are all sold saying they will connect to any other
(leading) type. Not so.

Flippin' 'eck, that's good information, thanks Tony. I was going to the bike show on Sunday to buy one (amongst other things)!

Just to be explicit, it fails to pair to other headsets in bluetooth mode as opposed to any mesh mode? But it'll connect to other devices such as GPS, BMW dash etc. ok?
I can't believe it wouldn't have been an issue from day one or it couldn't have been released (you'd think) so more likely a regression which says something about their development process.

Hmm.

A question for Tour or newer model users.

Currently I use a pair of F5MC's - I use a pair due to different bikes needing different pairing setup - frustrating.

Bike 1 - KTM390 Duke - iphone is paired to F5MC and Iphone is also paired to dash. In essence the dash remote controls the phone, but all audio goes direct between Phone and F5MC

Bike 2 - 1200GSA 2018 with TFT with Nav5 - Everything pairs to Nav5 - F5MC, Phone - and is controlled via Nav5. Issue is - if I use the F5MC I use with Duke when on GSA - I end up with a double /messed up pair because the F5MC is confused as it can pair to both the Phone and also the Nav5.

For the above reason I have 2 F5MCs and switch then dependant on which bike I am riding.

Looking to upgrade to a Tour or newer - do I have to buy another 2 or is there something clever the Newer user does to manage the above?

Flippin' 'eck, that's good information, thanks Tony. I was going to the bike show on Sunday to buy one (amongst other things)!

Just to be explicit, it fails to pair to other headsets in bluetooth mode as opposed to any mesh mode? But it'll connect to other devices such as GPS, BMW dash etc. ok?
I can't believe it wouldn't have been an issue from day one or it couldn't have been released (you'd think) so more likely a regression which says something about their development process.

Hmm.

My Avant: pairs to my Garmin sat nav no problem and at the same time my Samsung Galaxy 8 no problem, my Tour no problem.

Mate came over at the weekend with his Cardo Packtalk bold and we tried to get the Avant and the Bold to pair, without success.
We tried the Bold in both it's modes, Bluetooth and Mesh also without success.
We then tried to pair it with my Tour and it connected immediately and we were able to use them as normal.

Ok. tried Googling the problem and got nothing of use so Monday morning i rang Sportsbikeshop who supplied the Avant to see what they knew.
Turns out that one of their guys has had the same problem did some checking and found that the Avant was not the only Interphone not
compatible, there were others, which ones i don't know. Anyway, upshot is that the Interphone Avant is not compatible with the Cardo Packtalk Bold.

Yesterday i emailed Interphone (no phone contact numbers) and still waiting for an answer.

Way forward? If no success from Interphone; return the Avant for a refund which sportsbikeshop have offered (brilliant to deal with those guys)
and buy a single Packtalk. Keep the Avant and use the Tour on our trips but that means i don't have the voice commands which is one of the
reasons i got the Avant. A bonus was, that the Avant and Tour headsets are the same so it meant i could install the Tour headset on my "best"
helmet and have the option of easily swapping the Avant from one to the other (i use one hat for the Bloodbike job and one for best) plus with
the addition of another headset for 20 odd quid i can then install it on the wife's lid; we can stick the tour on there and we have comms.
Full interchangeability :thumb2 I could get the Bold and a spare headset but the Bold headset is 70 quid against the 20 of the avant :eek:

A question for Tour or newer model users.

Currently I use a pair of F5MC's - I use a pair due to different bikes needing different pairing setup - frustrating.

Bike 1 - KTM390 Duke - iphone is paired to F5MC and Iphone is also paired to dash. In essence the dash remote controls the phone, but all audio goes direct between Phone and F5MC

Bike 2 - 1200GSA 2018 with TFT with Nav5 - Everything pairs to Nav5 - F5MC, Phone - and is controlled via Nav5. Issue is - if I use the F5MC I use with Duke when on GSA - I end up with a double /messed up pair because the F5MC is confused as it can pair to both the Phone and also the Nav5.

For the above reason I have 2 F5MCs and switch then dependant on which bike I am riding.

Looking to upgrade to a Tour or newer - do I have to buy another 2 or is there something clever the Newer user does to manage the above?

Sorry, but i don't have a clue.

My Avant: pairs to my Garmin sat nav no problem and at the same time my Samsung Galaxy 8 no problem, my Tour no problem.

Mate came over at the weekend with his Cardo Packtalk bold and we tried to get the Avant and the Bold to pair, without success.
We tried the Bold in both it's modes, Bluetooth and Mesh also without success.
We then tried to pair it with my Tour and it connected immediately and we were able to use them as normal.

Ok. tried Googling the problem and got nothing of use so Monday morning i rang Sportsbikeshop who supplied the Avant to see what they knew.
Turns out that one of their guys has had the same problem did some checking and found that the Avant was not the only Interphone not
compatible, there were others, which ones i don't know. Anyway, upshot is that the Interphone Avant is not compatible with the Cardo Packtalk Bold.

Yesterday i emailed Interphone (no phone contact numbers) and still waiting for an answer.

Way forward? If no success from Interphone; return the Avant for a refund which sportsbikeshop have offered (brilliant to deal with those guys)
and buy a single Packtalk. Keep the Avant and use the Tour on our trips but that means i don't have the voice commands which is one of the
reasons i got the Avant. A bonus was, that the Avant and Tour headsets are the same so it meant i could install the Tour headset on my "best"
helmet and have the option of easily swapping the Avant from one to the other (i use one hat for the Bloodbike job and one for best) plus with
the addition of another headset for 20 odd quid i can then install it on the wife's lid; we can stick the tour on there and we have comms.
Full interchangeability :thumb2 I could get the Bold and a spare headset but the Bold headset is 70 quid against the 20 of the avant :eek:

Update;

Just spoken to a very knowledgable guy and the word is that they will pair but only as a phone so the range is veeery limited and not the km. or so
they advertise for their own products like for like as, they are pairing as phones. To pair the Avant to the Bold i should have done so as if i was pairing
it to my phone which i did try minus one extra dab on the "phone" button which would have seen them connected. Trouble is with that idea is that is
not the way the instructions tell you to do it. He told me this limitation is not limited to the Interphone, they are all like it. So, it seems that we are not
being given the truth of the matter. In summary, if you want to be able to talk to your buddies up to a Km. away in clear ground then you need to be
using the same kit, otherwise you need to be riding more or less, alongside each other. another issue that springs to mind is that the phone channel you
are now using takes up one of the two connections you get so will limit what you can do in relation to your own phone and sat nave pairings.

Brain hurting now :confused:

Disclaimer:

The above is not gospel and shouldn't be treated as such; it's just the way i have taken it all in and could contain innacuracies.

How are you all getting on with the Avant, or have you gone to the Bold?
Thinking of updating my F5mcs.
Thanks.

How are you all getting on with the Avant, or have you gone to the Bold?
Thinking of updating my F5mcs.
Thanks.

Now using the Packtalk Bold i bought off here. I sent the Avant back as it didn't do as it said on the tin and connect with the Packtalk.
Still have the Tour though which, strangely, does connect, in bluetooth mode only though, not in mesh mode but, the Cardo will "bridge"
it into the mesh communication channel enabling my wife to join in when we are riding with our Cardo equipped friends.

The Avant is a great unit tbh. i only ditched it because of the inter communication problem i experienced and the way i went to solve
it was the most economical (cheapest :D) way forward for me.

Back
Top Bottom