New Interphones launched

Ive had the Interphone f5mc for a few years now and never had a problem,just waiting for new batteries,but apart from that there great,,On saying that i do ride a RT.

I had the F5MC and now have a Tour. Apart from a charging issue with the first one I've been very happy with them. The Tour has been fantastic, the battery last ages and charges quick and the Comms are clear over a decent range. I'd buy another.

I’ve been really pleased with the Tour. Excellent range, it reconnects very quickly, and charging is extremely fast. I tried a Cardo a couple of years ago, and couldn’t get on with it, so will be sticking with Interphone for the foreseeable.

I've go the F5mc, very happy with it. Have 3 units, so when tutoring I can give one or two students each a unit with a headset.
My only gripe is that if I connect to my Nav V, then that takes up both of the Bluetooth channels.
Looking at the new Avant, as it's a 'double' unit, but it's still a bit on the pricy side.

I use the tour all the time and tend to charge it every 7 or 8 rides. I've used it for a full days riding and it was still on medium charge. It charges in just over an hour which is the biggest improvement over the 5fmc I have.

That’s what I call charging,been doing a little bit of researching tonight probably will settle for the Active good battery life and distance.
Thanks for the input guys.

I like the look of the Avant (the buttons look a lot easier to learn than the wheels and combinations of the competitors) but amazed by the lack of reviews of it. There is a post about it somewhere on this very forum from an owner.
The iPhone app has just been updated to support it.

Well had it for a couple of weeks now but not had much chance to get out with the weather and Christmas,but we had a day or so with them ,They came pre-paired so that was one less fuss,and to be fair i think there a big step from the F5mc especially as we can chat and have music on in the background, the speed dial option is good and clear,some of the voice commands can take a bit of getting use to but its all a learning curve,the large buttons seem pretty eay to use but i did have my thick winter gloves on which made it a bit clumsy for a while,The range is not too bad i dont think its much improvement on the F5 but were either riding together or rider/pillion,I didn't buy them for group riding so Im not sure if its mesh thingymajig,The app(mines Android) as others have said is basic but if you want to adjust settings on the move or store radio stations,its all i need.We both have flip helmets and the boom mikes are ok,on my F5 i had the short fixed mike which worked well and didnt get trapped in the chin curtain when you closed your lid but unfortunately there a different plug then the new one so i might see if i can solder it over.The speakers arn't JBL's but there pretty good ,we both have Neotec 2 so theres not much wind noise.
So yeah all in all Im pretty happy with them, i dont know if anyone else has them as there seems to be a lot of problem questions regarding Senas and Packtalks lately so im presuming the Interphones are an acquired taste.
When the weather eases up a bit i'll try and get out with the wife and get a bit more use out of them and let you know if theres any cons.

I've got it now, looks great for tweaking the settings and not needing to fanny about with button presses and menu layers on the unit!

I've got it now, looks great for tweaking the settings and not needing to fanny about with button presses and menu layers on the unit!

I read somewhere that it crashes, doesn’t connect etc but that could be a whole lot of reasons so interested to hear how you get on with it

I read somewhere that it crashes, doesn’t connect etc but that could be a whole lot of reasons so interested to hear how you get on with it

Im thinking by the release notes that was for the Iphone,i know its early days yet but so far everything has connected straight away,(Fingers crossed)

Back
Top Bottom