Aftermarket seat choice

Sinky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction for purchasing a seat for a R1200GSA 2018 Rallye. It came with the enduro seat but no real room for a pillion, plus it's quite firm. I was going to buy the OEM seats but have looked at Sargent and Wunderlich. Any words of wisdom out there? TVM.

I had Sargent seats on my hexhead. They were better than the standard seats. No experience of Wunderlich, I am afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sargent. Better shaped and more supportive over distance - for both rider and pillion.

I have the Wunderlich seats on my GSA Rallye. More comfortable than stock seats but as with any quality replacement seat they're not cheap..

The comfiest seats seem to follow the profile of that of a Massey Ferguson tractor .... sergeants come close to this.

I have a Sargent on my 2017 TE. You mention that yours is firm and so is the Sargent. Not sure it will suit you if you don't like 'em firm!!

I think that the enduro seat is narrower and firm, where the Sargent/Wunderlich from what I have seen is contoured and wider so support is better and firmness shouldn't be an issue.

the Sargent is narrower at the front to reduce the edge cutting into your thighs. The front is also taller and less sloped, stopping you from sliding into the tank. There is a cutout for your coccyx (tailbone) so it eliminates pressure on your tailbone. The rear is wider to better seat your arse. The rear feels slightly lower so combined with the raised front, the seat is more level. The overall seat is firmer providing more support throughout. It is well shaped and addresses most weaknesses of any of the OEM seats.

Have you thought about Corbin, which is a sculpted seat, supporting the upper buttocks while holding you in from the side.
Tend to find that you slide about less than on a Sergent, I have both, but cannot decide which one to take on tour, what a dilemma.
However for some the Corbin is a little firm, but I guess it depends on how bony your rear end is.
Seat concepts and Russell All Day comfort are also worth considering, but tend to be expensive.
I use an Airhawk at times which can be more comfortable on a standard seat than any of the above in the right circumstances.

Look for any dealer that offers test riding with seats. I bought the Wunderlich seats after test riding with both Wunderlich and Touratech. Still happy with that choice ...

Back
Top Bottom