keis j501 info needed.

tailscookie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anyone using one,are they any good,best price you have seen the going for.
many thanks.

Not the newer premium but I have one of the non-dual power ones.
Brilliant. Ridiculously warm, very windproof.
Only "issue" for me is the knitted cuffs cause pressure on my damaged nerves when used with some of the tighter goretex cuffs on the outer jackets.
Hence putting it up for sale.
Wouldn't have done otherwise.

I have one (j501), very warm and top quality, its more than you will ever need in the comfort warmth dept.

As stated the knitted cuffs can be an issue under the new double layer cuffs like Rukka etc when trying to get your gloves underneath as well but not been a problem for me personally. If it is I might just cut the knitted cuff away next winter.

Pricewise I think they are about £120 or thereabouts.

Keis heated products seem to be pretty excellent all around, I personally use a V501 (Vest version) as I go night fishing in the winter sometimes, trust me it's a life saver! I use it with the battery pack which lasts around 2-3 hours depending on the level you have it on. The jacket is much warmer as it has heated collar section and arms too - the only downside to it is it can only be used by being plugged into a motorcycle battery, because it used too much power and would drain a portable battery in around 20 minutes so they don't recommend using one.

We've got a larger size 58 in stock still - had it a few months and we're maybe able to get hold of other sizes if you need, but Keis sold out of most of these during the winter end of last year / start of this year, and more stock won't be due until October 2019 I believe.

We keep the vests in stock all year round though, and do OK with them to be fair

Jacket LinK: https://www.motocentral.co.uk/keis-j501-premium-heated-jacket-black-red.html

Vest Link: https://www.motocentral.co.uk/keis-v501-premium-heated-vest-black.html

If you have any questions I should know most answers if needed :)

When not connected to the bike does the Keis vest only work from the Keis battery pack or can it be connected to any 12v battery pack.
Thanks
Tom

I would second the recommendation for the vest; I have the newest vest (red and black rather than just black). I found the jacket very bulky when I had one: the sleeves were very 'fat' and restricted my movement and the collar was highly annoying as made turning my neck more difficult. The vest is better for me as I can keep the liner in my jacket and put the vest close to my skin (base layer or work shirt underneath) and it keeps me warm when I need it.

When not connected to the bike does the Keis vest only work from the Keis battery pack or can it be connected to any 12v battery pack.
Thanks
Tom
I have mine connected to a generic 12v battery pack. Far better capacity for the money than the keis product.

heated jack

thanks all,
i will have to get her to try one on in the shop before purchasing over the net,
we will have to pop down to the hinkley shop.shame they are not open on a sunday :augie

I already work Monday-Saturday every week for the last 8 years, I'm trying my best to not have to work on a Sunday as well haha. It is in the pipeline soon though to open on Sundays, we have more staff than ever, especially in store so it might become an option, but we need a day to ride out ourselves too haha. If you ever need us to order anything in for before you get here just email us sales@moto-central.co.uk and we'll sort that for you.

Current Open Hours:

Monday-Friday 9am-6pm (everything says we close at 5pm online, this is just so people don't turn up at 5:55pm and keep us here until late, this used to happen literally all the time)
Saturday 9am-5pm (again says we close a 4pm online, same reason as above, we like our weekend to start on time)

Kind Regards
Jamie

Back
Top Bottom