Struggling with getting mi leg over

I have one dodgy hip and a 30 inch inside leg and occasionally I struggle to get my leg over the GSA saddle due to limited movement in that hip. Using the peg and mounting like a gee-gee makes it much easier.

I have one dodgy hip and a 30 inch inside leg and occasionally I struggle to get my leg over the GSA saddle due to limited movement in that hip. Using the peg and mounting like a gee-gee makes it much easier.

Yep and keeping tight hold of the front brake, helps you drag yourself up easier, and stops bike moving forward............:hippy

Yep and keeping tight hold of the front brake, helps you drag yourself up easier, and stops bike moving forward............:hippy

...there was once a day once when Voltarol wasn't needed to ride the bike ya know! :rob

Usually have a roll bag on the back seat .... I stand at the side of the bike and slide my right leg onto and over the seat, then shuffle up to the 'bike on the left leg, sliding over the seat until I'm on. Works a treat :thumb2

No leg over required, just a leg up :D

:beerjug:

Usually have a roll bag on the back seat .... I stand at the side of the bike and slide my right leg onto and over the seat, then shuffle up to the 'bike on the left leg, sliding over the seat until I'm on. Works a treat :thumb2

No leg over required, just a leg up :D

:beerjug:

I have seen it

Micky has perfected it and works

Had my knee replaced,
In 2016 best thing ever. I understand your pain as I know it wears you down. Pity I can’t have my back replaced that’s well knackered. Those knee braces would be good to protect a knee replacement.

I don't understand the standing on the left peg business for a lot of riders ?

Yes the side stand can take it occasionally......but all the time - to have 100 kgs of bloke jumping on it ?

I prefer nothing on the pillion seat to interfere with getting on

Either on the side stand or just upright (no stands down) I just swing my right leg over, with my left leg on terra firmer on a 1150 GS Adv

These bikes aren't that tall ?
They are Johnny when your knees and hips are shot. Standing on the pegs make it easy to get on and off. You’re obviously a fit young dude

Hello Griff, I'm a bit of a shortarse at 5ft 7 and 29 inch inseam.My bike is a standard gs so I share your getting on the bike woes! I apologies if your already using this technique but I'll tell you anyway.
put the bike into first gear, flip up the sidestand and turn the handlebars away from you.that will lower the bike a bit.Then throw your leg over the bike but don't try to reach the ground with your right foot, aim your foot at the footrest that reduces the distance again. You will find most of your backside toward the left side of the bike providing secure footing and balance ,you only need one foot to hold a bike up, push the bike upright and start the bike in gear..works really well and safer than clambering all over the bike on its side stand especially if your a hefty lad.Hope this is of some use.

Hello Griff, I'm a bit of a shortarse at 5ft 7 and 29 inch inseam.My bike is a standard gs so I share your getting on the bike woes! I apologies if your already using this technique but I'll tell you anyway.
put the bike into first gear, flip up the sidestand and turn the handlebars away from you.that will lower the bike a bit.Then throw your leg over the bike but don't try to reach the ground with your right foot, aim your foot at the footrest that reduces the distance again. You will find most of your backside toward the left side of the bike providing secure footing and balance ,you only need one foot to hold a bike up, push the bike upright and start the bike in gear..works really well and safer than clambering all over the bike on its side stand especially if your a hefty lad.Hope this is of some use.

If there is a God I pray that he will make sure I am there should Andy ever try that :D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom