Struggling with getting mi leg over

I'm 6ft 3, 33 inside leg and arthritic hips

Don't use the side stand to mount gee gee style as worried abiut all that weight on it.

On my 1100GS I would put it on centre stand and mount using the left peg, then just rock the bike off the stand. Did this for years till I sold it.

On my GSA I leave it on the side stand, put hands on grips (which take my weight) as I sling my leg over in 2 stages, firstly knee on seat then slide it over .

Don't use the centre stand method on the GSA and it just seems higher then the 1100 and woud take a bit more rocking, although never tried it.

I'm 6ft 3, 33 inside leg and arthritic hips

Don't use the side stand to mount gee gee style as worried abiut all that weight on it.

On my 1100GS I would put it on centre stand and mount using the left peg, then just rock the bike off the stand. Did this for years till I sold it.

On my GSA I leave it on the side stand, put hands on grips (which take my weight) as I sling my leg over in 2 stages, firstly knee on seat then slide it over .

Don't use the centre stand method on the GSA and it just seems higher then the 1100 and woud take a bit more rocking, although never tried it.

I wouldnt worry about it, im a right fat bastard and i mounted my GSA gee gee style for more than three years, never did any harm

I've mounted my 15 GS cowboy style for about the same time, I will never do it any other way now. There are some of the lads from Gib trading up to the GSA, from Harleys..:D Two of them watched me mount up, and decided to try it, it was a WOW moment for them. One is like me 5' 9" and took him about 20 seconds to get on, now he's on in less than 5 seconds.

Any body under 6' should at least give it a go, if it's not for you, then you have lost nothing.

I've mounted my 15 GS cowboy style for about the same time, I will never do it any other way now. There are some of the lads from Gib trading up to the GSA, from Harleys..:D Two of them watched me mount up, and decided to try it, it was a WOW moment for them. One is like me 5' 9" and took him about 20 seconds to get on, now he's on in less than 5 seconds.

Any body under 6' should at least give it a go, if it's not for you, then you have lost nothing.

Fuck me im a hobbit at 5’8” and 28in inside leg and i managed a GSA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a bike with auto esa, you may find it creeps up in height over time. Mine does. The owners handbook recommends cycling it through all ranges every third fill up of fuel. Since doing this, mine has been fine. Still a bit of a struggle with panniers on through.

Short arses should just buy smaller bikes,...

d336cb370e6f656441d1770482904515.jpg

Well new Lower back end has certainly made a difference

Tell that to her https://www.facebook.com/pg/jocelinsnow/posts/ :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n0ZyVxw4Lzw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Try that when the bike is fully loaded two up and the camber is going the wrong way, a recipe for being trapped under the bike.

Try that when the bike is fully loaded two up and the camber is going the wrong way, a recipe for being trapped under the bike.

Like to see her try it when she’s 65

Yep...it's one thing doing parlour tricks on an unloaded bike and quite another two-up with luggage...or even one-up with luggage in the real world. She's an accident waiting to happen.

Yep...it's one thing doing parlour tricks on an unloaded bike and quite another two-up with luggage...or even one-up with luggage in the real world. She's an accident waiting to happen.

Well if you can’t handle it get an RT, all the weight is low down and the the bike is lower. Or get something that you can manage, watched an Dude the other day dismount a Tiger...funniest shit I have seen in long time.

The R1250R in the picture belongs to a gentleman who is around 27” inside leg. He has a screen and panniers and went touring on the bike for over 2000 miles. Massively underrated bike...I am getting one.

Attachments

• 8C7F870B-58C3-4376-AB62-5B6ED5137C00.jpg
    8C7F870B-58C3-4376-AB62-5B6ED5137C00.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 241
  • F3824AA8-141A-4E3E-B743-6EC5FEFD4424.jpg
    F3824AA8-141A-4E3E-B743-6EC5FEFD4424.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 248

Back
Top Bottom