Late 2017 GSA fork rattle

KTRIC

Reaction score
I have a GSA TB that was manufactured around the very end of 2017 and delivered early Jan 2018. Just noticed on a ride to work this morning that there was a rattle from the front end on some rough potholed road.

I know this a symptom of the fork issues on the pre June 2017 bikes but does anyone know about issues with the ones made just after this ??

It should be under Warranty, get it checked quick and let us know what is causing it.

Ged

Could be as simple as a front wheel bearing has popped in the pothole, however, as most say above, get it picked up under warranty.

By 17 the bikes should be fixed. However for piece of mind you may perform a DIY quick check. Lift the rubber cover on top of each fork tube and check that there is no gap between the tube and the plug that holds the fork to the top. If there is any gap, have the bike picked up.

I just checked the tops of the forks and they're sitting flush with the plug with no gaps.

I had something similar before my forks were done and thought the forks were at fault. It turned out that the front spindle wasn’t nipped up and although not loose it allowed the wheel to move a mm or so which you could feel and hear on bumps

Here's a video of the noise

Excuse the wind noise but on the straight you can hear a loud clattering. The bike is currently getting checked over by the dealers.

Back
Top Bottom