Close now

Delboy777

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well the wait is begining to get to me now. Its on the boat but where in the uk does it land ? Ive got a shed load of stuff to put onto it and im itching to get the spanners out.:rob:rob:blast:bounce1

I reckon it will land in Hull and then go to the Mahoosive BMW distribution complex at Thorne

Where it may or may not get nicked

Where they will do full and comprehensive PDI checks and fail to realise that half of the specified options have not been fitted by the factory

I thought they came into Dover then up to the midlands holding place ,

I thought they came into Dover then up to the midlands holding place ,

Not sure where they actually land but BMW do have the Mahoosive distribution centre at Thorne and that is where my last BMW went before onward to the dealers in its crate for the dealer to build up PDI etc

Del, it will be fine it is a very secure place and as said it is massive

Attachments

• New-BMWs-LD06558-me.jpg
    New-BMWs-LD06558-me.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 474
Not sure where they actually land but BMW do have the Mahoosive distribution centre at Thorne and that is where my last BMW went before onward to the dealers in its crate for the dealer to build up PDI etc

Yeah i know, its just that its getting close now and im looking forward to getting all the farkles fitted and going for a bimble, which ive done precious little of in the last couple of years.

Had mine a few weeks now. I'm certain they said it was coming from their distribution centre in the Midlands somewhere as opposed to the Thorne facility. They come ready for the showroom and don't have to assemble them any more

That’s a bit close to the motorway though. Hopefully some scrotes in a van won’t nab Del’s bike.

That’s a bit close to the motorway though. Hopefully some scrotes in a van won’t nab Del’s bike.

The motorway is the least of the worries
Thorne is a far worse prospect and there is also a massive gypsy camp within a mile of the Thorne junction too

BMW will have it like Fort Knox

Had mine a few weeks now.

I'm certain they said it was coming from their distribution centre in the Midlands somewhere as opposed to the Thorne facility.

They come ready for the showroom and don't have to assemble them any more

That is just the place that does pdi

Everything that comes in from the mothership comes into Thorne

Not putting it OTR till beginning of next month anyway so given the 1st is on a Monday it will probably be the 6th i pick it up from the dealer.

The motorway is the least of the worries
Thorne is a far worse prospect and there is also a massive gypsy camp within a mile of the Thorne junction too

BMW will have it like Fort Knox

Yep huge Pikey contingent around those parts who probably get a hefty backhander from BMW for "Protection"

That is just the place that does pdi

Everything that comes in from the mothership comes into Thorne

So do they now have a separate PDI facility ?

My last BMW ( The XR) certainly went into thorne but was very definitely built up at the dealers. I think I posted pictures of it in the crate at the time and there was no way it was rideable when it came off the truck

Yep huge Pikey contingent around those parts who probably get a hefty backhander from BMW for "Protection"

So do they now have a separate PDI facility ?

My last BMW ( The XR) certainly went into thorne but was very definitely built up at the dealers. I think I posted pictures of it in the crate at the time and there was no way it was rideable when it came off the truck

Yep they now have a central uncrating and build up facility - which isn't done at Thorne, I am told

This new facility does the buildup and pdi before the bike goes to the dealer

They say it is all to do with uniformity at pdi - personally I don't buy it and would sooner one of the Yorkshire dealers pdi the bike, as they are spot on

All the dealer does is add fuel and screw the number plate on

Guess I was lucky, placed order on 3rd June, picked up on 15th June.
Dealer had R1250GSA Exclusive with my specification already on order :)

It will be worth the wait

Back
Top Bottom