bad day on my bike

peter bradbury

Reaction score
went out on my bike today went to wetton came across a ford in the road slowd down and all ove a sudden the bike went dowd trapted my foot under the bike lay there getting wet just manadge to lift the bike off me the ford is concreat coverd in algy had to ask four help from two walkers as it was like walking on ice now got to get a new break leaver so if you come to this crossing go round it as i then went to monyash bumt it to a nother biker and he sed a mate ove his had gone the same:mad:

Did you break your typing fingers as well? :D

just giving a warning to other bikers not good at this my spelling is not good and my bike is damaged

Seen numerous riders nearly come a cropper on this crossing, secret is don’t touch the brakes or the throttle and go straight, use it regular.

came across a ford in the road slowd down

That's where you went wrong. Not many people realise that the shallower the ford, the slippier it is. Freshly greased ice rink, with diesel on it. Line yourself up early with the tracks of cars (less algae), steady speed, keep straight and off the brakes. Don't foget when you shut off the throttle it acts as a brake.
Better luck next time.
Mark

You’re so right Pete . . . . Katoom was mega on the Mugello trip BTW.

Richard, so pleased you’ve had a good trip, I’ll be honest and haven’t found a suitable replacement yet, nothing is ticking the the right boxes, although I have bought 2 more since we last spoke but neither can do what the 1190R did.

Back
Top Bottom