Seat gets hot while riding!

Belco100

Reaction score
Been out this weekend and rode about 300 miles. Not far really, but the tops of my legs and my arse gets hot in this weather. Not had that on other bikes - is this common?

Never had that either in the uk or riding in Spain etc in 30+ temps. I am 6 4” so maybe my legs are less tucked in than a shorter person though.

Are the bikes in question Euro 4 and maybe leaner running ? Mine is euro 3

I love my ambient heated seat...bmw they think of everything.

I often ride to work and leave my GSA parked outside my office in the open for 8-9hrs. If its been a hot sunny day, I usually find that the seat is very hot at the end of the day; no surprise there because its black. But what does surprise me is that the heat doesnt dissipate as I ride home; the seat remains hot despite my bum shading it for nearly an hour. What I've found on my bike is that the Bosch Motronic unit under the seat gets very hot after a journey but doesnt seem to cool down if the bike is left parked in sunlight, even for many hours. I have gone to my bike after a day at work, lifted the seat and found the Bosch unit still hot which explains why the seat stays hot as I ride home. I now cover my seat if I leave it parked outside my office and the forecast is for hot sunny weather and that seems to allow the Bosch unit to cool down

Try a Panigale then you Will have a hit bottom.

Never experienced it on my 1200GSA

Back
Top Bottom