Ready to take the plunge

Buckets

Reaction score
After years of wanting to buy a GS, I'm getting close to drawing the funds together.

My bikes in the past have been;
Pan ST1300 - heavy to ride and get onto the stand
BMW K1200RS - lovely, quick and economical
Pan ST1100 - ex-VIP outrider bike - showing signs of corrosion on silence and swing arm
Honda CB750 - noisy cam chain
Honda VFR750 - Japan import - sweet and powerful to ride
CB900 - wiped out by driver of stolen vehicle. It was in my garage and he had to hit my company car, wife's car and through my garage doors to destroy it. (Chased by the boys in blue at the time)
BMW K75 - left company car at home and used for commuting, visiting clients and the only bike that my wife would take the pillion

I hope to use the forum threads to guide me through my choice, luggage, configuration, features and options before I place my order.

Anyone have tips? I'm 6'5" and 20 stone.
Bike to be used for commuting 35 miles each way, local journeys and use my car for the very hot and icy days. Day trips of 200 miles at weekends.
I need space to store helmet and boots.

With luck I will persuade the wife to go on runs with some of our best friends.

Looks like a very useful site, I'm going to enjoy your posts.

Speak to you guys soon

Basically, the GS or GSA. At 6ft5 you can have the seat on its highest setting. Auto suspension on the later models will set itself for your weight and pillion. Vario panniers can fit a helmet in the top box and left hand side pannier. comfortable all day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Greetings & welcome to the forum....:thumb2

Go test ride both GS & GSA's to find which one suits your height/weight....there are are also some great used bikes for sale in the for sale section, so if you become a subscriber (£12 a year), you could bag yourself a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom