Akrapovic on 1250, silent as a Church mouse

roundincircles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Put an agro on my 1250, very civilised and quiet. Looks like the two end baffles are permanent......any clues if they are removable?

I don't believe a Euro 3 on a 1200 with baffles fitted is any different to a Euro 4 fitted to the same bike

The new (Beluga) shaped 1250 can might be a different sound all together and the baffles aren't removable

EU3 Akra with baffles removed on the 1250 sounds very nice, with same bassy rumble and percussion as on the 1200. If you find an EU3 Akra, buy it.

Pics of Church Mouse Agra

Attachments

• 20190624_111812.jpg
    20190624_111812.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 443
  • END VIEW.jpg
    END VIEW.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 455
i believe you need to remove the carbon end cap by drilling out the black rivets

Akropovic

Put an agro on my 1250, very civilised and quiet. Looks like the two end baffles are permanent......any clues if they are removable?

Put some titanium headers on and you will find it plenty loud enough:green gri

My buddy has the same pipe, and yes it's quieter that the usual slip-ons but it's still better than the OEM. It looks awesome too!

There's a youtube video of a chap drilling out the rivets and removing the small inserts for a better resonance.

I dunno how you find it, but I find my EU3 Akra rather noisy with the baffles in place.

No idea what the EU3 sounds like with the baffles in. They are still shiny new. Maybe I am already deaf lol!

No idea what the EU3 sounds like with the baffles in. They are still shiny new. Maybe I am already deaf lol!

Same as a Euro 4, the difference is that you can easily remove the baffles from a Euro 3
Full Euro 3 system baffles out sounds like a Messerschmitt though the mountain tunnels, pops and bangs on the over run, I love it.

Back
Top Bottom