Updating maps

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just updated my Garmin on computer before setting off on my trip last week and passing through Germany on my way home it had a part of motorway system missing which caused me a few problems.It was a new section but not that new.My mate put his tom tom on and no problems.How often do Garmin update if anyone knows ?
Cheers

Just updated my Garmin on computer before setting off on my trip last week and passing through Germany on my way home it had a part of motorway system missing which caused me a few problems.It was a new section but not that new.My mate put his tom tom on and no problems.How often do Garmin update if anyone knows ?
Cheers

May have been a satellite signal problem.............:nenau

May have been a satellite signal problem.............:nenau

How would a complete road (the size of a motorway) be missing from an otherwise detailed and up to date complete Garmin map be caused by a satellite location problem?

Downloaded City Navigator Europe NTU. 2019.3 On Friday last week is this same as your update?

Not sure tbh.Going to plug it in to garmin base camp on computer again to see if anything happens

How would a complete road (the size of a motorway) be missing from an otherwise detailed and up to date complete Garmin map be caused by a satellite location problem?

Op said part of a motorway, how long is part of a motorway, obviously you know as usual.

Op said part of a motorway, how long is part of a motorway, obviously you know as usual.

Not sure how many miles it was but quite a bit.Enough to get the map out.Problem we had was my mates tom tom mount had broke and eventually had to tape it on then no problems.Very annoying on a expensive piece of kit.

Not sure how many miles it was but quite a bit.Enough to get the map out.Problem we had was my mates tom tom mount had broke and eventually had to tape it on then no problems.Very annoying on a expensive piece of kit.

Gives you an excuse to come back and try again, with a new map upload.................;)

Gives you an excuse to come back and try again, with a new map upload.................;)

I am with the mrs soon.But how do i get a new map upload when i have only just done it ?

I am with the mrs soon.But how do i get a new map upload when i have only just done it ?

I think you have to go through this scenario, as if was a failed upload, there may be a quicker way but, I would rather start from scratch to make sure all the data gets uploaded perfectly on a fast internet connection.

I think you have to go through this scenario, as if was a failed upload, there may be a quicker way but, I would rather start from scratch to make sure all the data gets uploaded perfectly on a fast internet connection.

Cheers pal,I will give it a go tomorrow

Cheers pal,I will give it a go tomorrow

Your welcome mate, however you will have to give me that German motorway, and if I am in the area or others maybe they can say if it does the same..........;)

Were all the other roads there, ie was it only a section of the one motorway that was missing? In other words, was your device showing the cursor (you) going along in the ‘right place’ but apparently moving across a field?

If you go to your device’s map page now, drag it across to Germany and zoom in onto the place where the motorway went ‘missing’ how much detail do you see? Can you see all the small roads? If you drag the map around, can you see all the small roads 10 or 100 miles away? Can you see all the small roads in say, Berlin?

Was this the only problem you had with the map?

Only problem i had.No detail just curser going across a field

Cheers smogbob...I didnt have garmin express and was doing my updates from garmin base camp which someone told me to use.
Thanks again pal

Back
Top Bottom