Updating maps

Only problem i had.No detail just curser going across a field

If that’s the case, it can (very possibly) only mean one or two things:

1. That for whatever reason the detailed map (or at least the detailed map segment) was not present or not activated or simply not selected (ticked)

2. The motorway wasn’t shown on the detailed map

I would suspect option 1.

Before you start downloading stuff again. Go to settings and make sure the map set is ticked. From memory: Home screen, spanner, navigation, scroll down, map details.

Then go to the map screen, scroll about in Germany, Spain, Finland and the UK zooming in and out to see if the detailed (small) roads are shown. Report back what you find.

1. That for whatever reason the detailed map (or at least the detailed map segment) was not present or not activated or simply not selected (ticked)

Before you start downloading stuff again. Go to settings and make sure the map set is ticked. From memory: Home screen, spanner, navigation, scroll down, map details.

Then go to the map screen, scroll about in Germany, Spain, Finland and the UK zooming in and out to see if the detailed (small) roads are shown. Report back what you find.

ok pal will do

Is the answer in post #19 where the OP said he was using BaseCamp to update the device? If I rememebr correctly, that requires every individual tile to be selected and it's easy to miss the odd one.

Last edited:
Is the answer in post #19 where the OP said he was using BaseCamp to update the device? If I rememebr correctly, that requires every individual tile to be selected and it's easy to miss the odd one.

Depends on how he did it. If he asked BaseCamp to send the maps associated with the routes, all the individual map tiles required should have gone across in one go.

Did that pal and on map detail i put more and it was showing the smaller roads.Updated it now on garmin express and hopefully it should now be sorted.Thanks for everyone's help.

Back
Top Bottom