service packs

rogerstan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I will be picking up a virtually new bike next week and would value your advice on the 3 year and 5 year service packs. I know a lot of you lads do your own, but I won’t be. I can see the prices on Bmw.uk but do any of the dealers discount these, and indeed are they value for money?

depends on the mileage your looking at. Just had my 2 year service done and it was the cheapest on yet !

I have a service pack but I only got it as it gave me a free running in service and I didn't want to pony up for the 400 and 600 pound services in year 2 and 3 down the line.

Depends how long you'll keep it and if you'd rather not have any money to worry about later.

Or do as I did.

Change the plugs, air filter etc yourself, let the dealership change the oil filter and fluids. They'll still stamp the service book.

Will save you a lot for little effort.

Price below boxer engines
3 years/18,000 miles £829
5 years/30,000 miles £1,199
Just bought a 1250 the dealer said it was cheaper to pay as you go.
https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/offers/service_inclusive.html
Point 5 in terms and conditions interesting
5. If the motorcycle has undergone any form of unapproved tuning or performance enhancement, any right to request services or parts under BMW Service Inclusive ceases with immediate effect.

Thanks lads, I’ll have a word with the dealer next week. Just away at the moment.

Price below boxer engines
3 years/18,000 miles £829
5 years/30,000 miles £1,199
Just bought a 1250 the dealer said it was cheaper to pay as you go.
https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/offers/service_inclusive.html
Point 5 in terms and conditions interesting
5. If the motorcycle has undergone any form of unapproved tuning or performance enhancement, any right to request services or parts under BMW Service Inclusive ceases with immediate effect.

Thats expensive. Would not pay anything near that for a car!

I did the 18000 mile £829 service pack on new 18 plate rally,On paper it worked out about £100 cheaper from current prices, and with not knowing for sure three years down the line the service prices I did it, plus I had the money at the time and might not have it in three years time,:D

Dave:thumby:

Good point Dave, if the money is spare at the time ... use it, although I understand that you can take out a service pack any time in the first NINE years of its life. Maybe i'll leave it for now and see how we roll.

I brought the service pack up to 30,000 miles.

I'm just looking to get my 18,000 mile service done in the next week or two. The bike will be a year old end of the month.

“Service must be due as indicated by the motorcycle’s service light before service work can be performed.“

This is where it all gets a bit grey and murky. If you are used to getting a bike serviced on the year, you can end up missing at least one expected service within the 3 years if you don’t do the required mileage.
This happened on the wife’s Mini, I tried to book a service a few months before the term, but because the mileage wasn’t enough they told me to foxtrot Oscar

Cheers
Dave

“Service must be due as indicated by the motorcycle’s service light before service work can be performed.“

This is where it all gets a bit grey and murky. If you are used to getting a bike serviced on the year, you can end up missing at least one expected service within the 3 years if you don’t do the required mileage.
This happened on the wife’s Mini, I tried to book a service a few months before the term, but because the mileage wasn’t enough they told me to foxtrot Oscar

Cheers
Dave

Because i do more miles, my servicing will be based on mileage done rather than time/yearly.

Hope it works out for me as wells do a fair bit of milage so 18000 miles in 3 years no problem, At least I have not to think where I'm going to get the money from when it comes to a services,I always seem to be strapped when service is due:D

Back
Top Bottom