How do you choose: a new adventure vs Moto cross boot

Timbo33

Reaction score
Right at the start of the quest to be a adventurer again, had enduro some while ago with MX kit to ride, things have moved on since then.

How do you choose now between Adventure and MX boots on your GS?

First months mainly road touring with an attempt to get on level 1-3 off road courses.
Next year or even later this year Kenya and then New Zealand (hope to complete the unofficial rallye tour with some local mates.)

Gone Klim for trousers and jacket.
Gloves Mx, road, and warm ones
Gone klim trouser with MX jumper and body armour.

Now the boots, have both old MX boots and some tech II shorties.

So much out there, how do you choose ?

Any focused answer appreciated

So much out there, how do you choose ?

You choose by deciding how much protection you want against comfort while walking.

For me.
Comfort-Sidi Adventure
Protection-Sidi Crossfire

Keep your choices simple, both the above are good boots so forget the rest and choose ;)

Sidi Courier boots have been my choice for both road or trail for the last 10 years when riding my own bikes. For me they provide the best combination of both protection and all day comfort.

I have walked many a mile in them whilst off the bike without issue. Not the cheapest to buy new, I have previously worn motorcross boots and gore tex socks but found they got too hot and sweaty by the end of the day.

Sidi Courier boots have been my choice for both road or trail for the last 10 years when riding my own bikes. For me they provide the best combination of both protection and all day comfort.

I have walked many a mile in them whilst off the bike without issue. Not the cheapest to buy new, I have previously worn motorcross boots and gore tex socks but found they got too hot and sweaty by the end of the day.

Great boots, I use them almost every day for work on the bike :beerjug:

You choose by deciding how much protection you want against comfort while walking.

For me.
Comfort-Sidi Adventure
Protection-Sidi Crossfire

Keep your choices simple, both the above are good boots so forget the rest and choose ;)

All you need to know Timbo33, keep it real; I'm with the hobo on this :thumb2

Andres

good question, if your a big or a small size its pretty much impossible, I waited until I went to germany because I was going to be near FC moto, and managed to try every boot I wanted to look at, where as couldnt find a single shop in the UK not one fecking shop that had them in size to try. And not like I wanted unknown makes I want to try Tech 7, SG12, Sidi crossfire TA, ok in a 48 or 49.
So now moved from Tech 10 to SG12's, reason for motocross boots is 3 accidents being pulled out into, and me 3 car bumper's 0, tried going back to my old touring boots recently and hated them, so I suppose I am used to them now

Back
Top Bottom