Just got stiffed !

Delboy777

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just changed my insurance over to the new steed. I feel like Ive been bent over the workbench and stiffed up the anal passage £102 extra for the new bike ?? Don’t it just make your blood boil ? Makes a total of £327 for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just changed my insurance over to the new steed. I feel like Ive been bent over the workbench and stiffed up the anal passage £102 extra for the new bike ?? Don’t it just make your blood boil ? Makes a total of £327 for the year.

If that is fully comp, that would be mega cheap, over here in Germany and France new bikes fully comp would be nearly 2000 euros, if you can get it.

Mine was £309 for the remaining 5 months.

My policy originally cost £225 fully comp PNCB excess £175, it started on 22nd March on the 17 plate GSXS1000F. Had to pay extra £102 for the remaining 282 days. Im with Bennetts.

My policy originally cost £225 fully comp PNCB excess £175, it started on 22nd March on the 17 plate GSXS1000F. Had to pay extra £102 for the remaining 282 days. Im with Bennetts.

Be happy you guys are lucky in the UK

I pay £1.5k in Hertfordshire garaged so I'd take your quote like it was gift.

I pay £1.5k in Hertfordshire garaged so I'd take your quote like it was gift.

It feels like a huge increase to me because when i bought my newGSA I was £107 comp. Ive never had to pay this much for insurance. Be all those bike thefts in London & Edinburgh thats caused it.

Depends to a great deal on the value of the bike. 1 at 18k = 6 at 3k. I’m not defending insurance companies but the liabilities are massive now compared to years ago, both machines and legal spin offs.

You have my utmost sympathy tho. I’ve just swapped my 14 plate gs for a 19 plate rallye te and Bennetts stuck me another £360!!! (Having the S1000XR sat along side it in the garage isn’t helping I know) ........... still, we come this way but once.

It feels like a huge increase to me because when i bought my newGSA I was £107 comp. Ive never had to pay this much for insurance. Be all those bike thefts in London & Edinburgh thats caused it.

You can pop the piss back in the fridge Del, no more boiling needed you are safe............look at poor wileeeeeeeeeeeeeeey I am only 3rd party because 2000 euros fully comp here and garaged, lots more bike thefts in Germany and France than the UK, as bikes are easier to get to East Europe and stripped down.

£1.5k would see an end to motorbike riding for me - that’s for sure

£1.5k would see an end to motorbike riding for me - that’s for sure

A fresh quote for me on an 18 plate GS was £2.2k - R1250 was as near as makes no difference the same.

Thing is I’ve worked nonstop for the past 40+ years and can afford it, so why not?

That’s not to say it doesn’t hurt like hell...

My 67 plate was over £1,500 too

A fresh quote for me on an 18 plate GS was £2.2k - R1250 was as near as makes no difference the same.

Thing is I’ve worked nonstop for the past 40+ years and can afford it, so why not?

That’s not to say it doesn’t hurt like hell...

My 67 plate was over £1,500 too

That is just crazy mental prices ! I think they just take the piss, think of a number and triple it

That is just crazy mental prices ! I think they just take the piss, think of a number and triple it

Problem is my address is associated with the theft of my 63 plate bike, apparently statistically more likely to be a repeat victim.

Bike has Biketrac, Abus Victory lock and chain, Abus 8002 alarmed disc lock, Roadlok and a cheap Oxford disc lock, oh and it's now covered as no garage. Can't do more.

A rented lockup within 50 metres of home doesn't help.

Problem is my address is associated with the theft of my 63 plate bike, apparently statistically more likely to be a repeat victim.

Bike has Biketrac, Abus Victory lock and chain, Abus 8002 alarmed disc lock, Roadlok and a cheap Oxford disc lock, oh and it's now covered as no garage. Can't do more.

A rented lockup within 50 metres of home doesn't help.

My bike is kept away from my address in a locked garage but it doesn’t seem to make much difference tbh.

I remember paying £365 a year for insurance on my new BMW way back in 1980.

A pound a day 39 years ago seemed good value at the time. So 89 pence a day in 2019 seems an absolute bargain.

I remember paying £365 a year for insurance on my new BMW way back in 1980.

A pound a day 39 years ago seemed good value at the time. So 89 pence a day in 2019 seems an absolute bargain.

You may well be right, but im going by what Ive paid in the past for a very similar value bike. Have seen what others are being charged i don’t feel so badly done by now

Back
Top Bottom