Worst ever motorcycle trip

BillWright

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

On Saturday 15/06/2019 a group of us flew from LHR to Delhi for a two week tour with Blazing Trails, to the foothills of the Himalayas.

We didn’t arrive to Shimla until Sunday evening, after a rather gruelling four hour and then six hour train journey.

On Monday I kept feeling dizzy, so the first day was spent in the support van.

The dizziness was then replaced with vomiting and a 39.8 C temperature.

I then spent 8 hours in the support van or ambulance being taken to a hospital inChandigarh.

I then spent four days in ICU with pneumonia.

Although it was clearly a shit trip, I can’t praise Paul, the paramedic with the tour, or the Royal Mail Travel Insurance for their efficiency in dealing with my shit.

I’ve never claimed on travel insurance before in a medical case, so it clearly shows, you get what you pay for.

And just to be really annoying, my mates are having a great time without me.

Sorry to here that you poor sod . Shimla is about 2500m above sea level, most feel a bit short of breath . unfortunately chest infections tend to worsen quickly at that altitude , I used to see it a lot when I was Medic with Global Enduro . We started at Shimla or Narkanda and went off towards Leh . we stayed at Sarchu which is at 4500m and Jesus everyone felt dreadful . Any way get well soon and rebook for next year:thumb2

Repatriated for Dhelli Belly... :eek:

I got the squits in Egypt - on my Honeymoon

The rep sent the local lad to the doctors and 20 mins later back with some drugs -

£0.20p and back on my feet in 24hrs

They didnt even repatriate me when i broke my neck in Oz FFS ( mind you the business class upgrade was a blast) :)

Not good though, looks like your prone to altitude sickness

The good news is you wont be spending 10k to climb everest then

What size boots do your take BTW? ;)

Cornwall it is then. Not sure if I could cope with the Scottish Highlands.

'or the Royal Mail Travel Insurance for their efficiency in dealing with my shit'

Did they post it back?? :hide :nenau

Glad you're feeling better ;)

How were the paramedic and royal mail so bad?

You just say you can't praise them

Now that’s what you call an adventure! :D

Although it was clearly a shit trip, I can’t praise Paul, the paramedic with the tour, or the Royal Mail Travel Insurance for their efficiency in dealing with my shit.

I’ve never claimed on travel insurance before in a medical case, so it clearly shows, you get what you pay for.
Sorry. Do you mean “you can’t praise them”, or did you mean to say “you can’t praise them enough”?

Can’t beat that

I did manage a ride in an ambulance, a body scan and a morphine drip in Porto Vechio :thumb2

One kidney stone later, I had to stop the Codeine on the third day cos we had to move on and I was too shit faced to ride :drool

That was my question, not sure if it was a typo but a big difference

Oops. I meant I can’t praise them ENOUGH.
I have no idea how I got the pneumonia. Apparently it a a 4/5 day germination period. I flew back from Corfu a few days before the Indian flight, so a possibility there I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom