Brake fluid

pitrat101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, got a strange one! while camping at weekend we were flying around and I got what I thought was screen wash from car in front on my face and tank, roll on 20 min and tank was still wet, wiped off and paint gone! puzzled look! noticed brake fluid reservoir was wet but sill full, lid was tight. I have had the bike for 3 years now and never seen this. any ides?

Thanks in advance!

another motorist didn't appreciate your riding and has it in a washer (or piss bottle if it was a lorry)

alternatively did your bike have the brake pipe fracturing recall? 2007 bikes got a complete new set - just be aware they may well blow the brains out of your nearly dead ABS module if they can't see a full service history (BMW's nice way of getting some money back)

fluid goes everywhere, if the pads are nearly worn could easily be over max and 40ml sprayed out would still look OK

The year of bike would help, before someone points you in the wrong direction about servos pumping out fluid. :D..

Sorry, it's a 2012 TC with 10,000 miles on clock. Just thought it very strange it only happened once. Anyone have the paint code for the triple black? The tank cover needs repainting now or a tank cover.

Well, your post did get me thinking.

Maybe, just maybe, the owner of the car thought they'd topped up the brake fluid... but put the fluid into the screen wash bottle . Yea, I know, how the f could you do that

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It was definitely my fluid that leaked. I'm just interested why after 3 years it just decided to spit some out. Not done it since.

Back
Top Bottom