Alexa - what is this temperature?

RSInterloper

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just been setting one of the map dashboard displays on my Nav6 to show the ambient temperature - on scrolling through the options I find that I can display "Engine Temperature" and "Ambient Temperature" but that there is also an option called "Temperature". If I choose that one (when attached to my RT) the display just shows horizontal bars. Ambient Temperature (the one that I want) works fine as does Engine Temperature. So does anyone know what this other "Temperature" is?

Pretty sure that display for “Temperature” comes from the Garmin Smart Link app. If you don’t have the app on your phone, or the phone is not connected, it will show as dashes.

I have the app on my phone and it usually appears to connect automatically as I get traffic warnings....

Discovered another little quirk yesterday - whilst the dash can be set to display the ambient temperature (amongst other things), if I have a route active on the Nav then the temp reading automatically changes to "arrival time" - but I didn't want it to.....

….and with an ambient temperature of 26.5 I can get back to that by scrolling through all the dashboard options - although on the way to it I went through the mysterious "Temperature" option which, when on the bike at 26.5, was displaying 21. I wonder where/what that is?

Hmm - I suspect that the 21 is the actual temperature in the locality, the nav is picking it up from my phone but only when it's on the bike. 26.5 is the temp in the garage.

Just ignore my ramblings about this...

Back
Top Bottom