Dropped helmet = new helmet?

Yes we're part of that promo, we work with eBay pretty close as we sell a few million pounds on there.

I think the promo costs us about 15% roughly - but of course if anyone wants anything and doesn't want to do it through eBay I'll do the items at 20% off manually by phone / email etc.

As for the Shoei Neotec 2 vs C4 Pro, I'd always go Shoei Neotec 2. I think it fits 85% of people much better, and everything on the helmet works just so much nicer (you'd have to see the 2 side by side to know what I mean on that one) Presuming you've read the above then I'd go for the newer slimline intercoms - the only disadvantage to them though is they only fit that particular helmet, which is quite annoying at the price of them you can't switch them over to your new helmet so wouldn't blame anyone wanting to keep using their universal system.

unfortunately though, twats don't get discount with us - the ones who whine at us more, get the least, the most polite people however are the ones more likely to get a good response, just how we work =)

I don't wear a helmet on a bicycle and I wouldn't wear one on a motorcycle if I didn't have to by law.

Yes we're part of that promo, we work with eBay pretty close as we sell a few million pounds on there.

I think the promo costs us about 15% roughly - but of course if anyone wants anything and doesn't want to do it through eBay I'll do the items at 20% off manually by phone / email etc.

As for the Shoei Neotec 2 vs C4 Pro, I'd always go Shoei Neotec 2. I think it fits 85% of people much better, and everything on the helmet works just so much nicer (you'd have to see the 2 side by side to know what I mean on that one) Presuming you've read the above then I'd go for the newer slimline intercoms - the only disadvantage to them though is they only fit that particular helmet, which is quite annoying at the price of them you can't switch them over to your new helmet so wouldn't blame anyone wanting to keep using their universal system.

unfortunately though, twats don't get discount with us - the ones who whine at us more, get the least, the most polite people however are the ones more likely to get a good response, just how we work =)
I went from a Neotec to a C3 Pro because everyone was raving on about Schuberth and the C3 Pro has the removable chin section for summer but I think the visor action was better on the Neotec although harder to switch visors. Also I like the rear vent on the Neotec. Not really much in it imo, you just tick all the stereotype boxes with the Schuberth while on a GS.

I've just seen how expensive the kits are for the C4 Pro and the Neotec 2. I think I'd move the 20S over on either. You'd think the Sena would be cheaper when so much of it is already in the helmet!

Best value right now if keeping the 20S which I will is the C4 as people are trying to get rid of them. Failing that the C3 Pro again or the S2 Sport.

If you're wanting to carry on using your 20S evo, again Neotec makes much more sense, the Schuberths are a nightmare to try and fit the intercom onto as the left side of the helmet has the slider under neath so you can't clamp the 20S intercom onto it, the neotec 2 also has a difficult section to clamp onto but slightly easier, I swear these manufacturers have purposefully designed them like this to try and stop people using their current intercoms... very annoying!

Ride magazine did a thing on this a few years ago. Once there is no damage on the outer shell and the inner hasn’t been compressed by a head during the impact the helmet should be ok. The inner once compressed doesn’t expand again so would not be able to absorb the shock of impact again. If there is no head in it the inner cannot be damaged in this way. JJH

I bought a shoei Neotec from ebay and it was 22 pounds so if I drop it i think I would buy another one because that is cheap If i had dropped my old shuberth I would think twice

I bought a shoei Neotec from ebay and it was 22 pounds so if I drop it i think I would buy another one because that is cheap If i had dropped my old shuberth I would think twice
For £22 I would imagine it was already dropped?!

I want to know where you bought a brand new Shoei Neotec for £22 as well, if people could sell them for that much, I'd genuine be able to retire by next year, and I'm 26! It's got to be either second hand(which still is cheap... and no one has a clue the life of a second hand helmet, so please never buy one) or fake, I'd hope for neither :)

There's been a spate of cheap clones on sale recently. Waiting for the verdict from those who have bought them.

Think about it this way:

Look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself how much your head is worth to you.
If your honest answer is less than the price of a new helmet, then bash on and best of luck to you.
If your honest answer is more than the price of a new helmet, then you have answered your own question and you know what to do.

The same advice applies about repairing punctured tyres.

Ride safe all.
So if you dropped your helmet from a few inches height would you replace it?

Assuming it’s fibre glass.....it’ll be fine. They’re very tough.
If you want to be sure, give it a good hard squeeze at the sides. Any stress cracks will soon appear.

Please, unless you fully know what you're advising someone when it comes to safety it's best not to advise at all.You're literally putting someones life into your own hands at that point. The helmet shell is not the bit that would make your helmet damaged - it's the interior that takes the impact, the bit you cannot see. If the shell is cracked it's 100% scrapped, but there's many helmets which are totalled inside and look absolutely brand new inside and out.

Please, unless you fully know what you're advising someone when it comes to safety it's best not to advise at all.You're literally putting someones life into your own hands at that point. The helmet shell is not the bit that would make your helmet damaged - it's the interior that takes the impact, the bit you cannot see. If the shell is cracked it's 100% scrapped, but there's many helmets which are totalled inside and look absolutely brand new inside and out.
But then you would say that wouldn't you.:D

thats true. But if there isnt a head inside it to compress the interior it cant be damaged. JJH

I have a duty of care - my job puts me in a position where I have to look out for the wellbeing of someone. I have many people come into our shop and try a helmet on that's too big for them, dangerous to go out on the road And we will absolutely refuse to sell them that helmet. They get quite disappointed, but we won't let someone leave our shop with something which we feel is ill fitting. I'd rather lose a sale than doing so. At the end of the day if said person walks out of our building with a helmet which is not safe for them, and they have a fatal accident, that death is on MY hands personally as I knew if wasn't going to be good for them.

It's a similar situation here, if I know a helmet isn't right for someone due to the life it's had I have to inform them of that, if I don't and they go out and die due to this, then again that's on me personally. I don't want that. Now whether you believe I'm a "salesman" or whether you want to believe me as a genuine person informing people about safety that's your choice. All I ask is that someone without knowledge of what a motorcycle helmet does and doesn't do in the event of an accident / imppact doens't answer a question they're not educated on. Just because a persons head is not inside the helmet once it took an impact that doesn't mean the interior is not damaged, please don't advise someone that this is the case - I'm a million percent sure this is untrue. I'll give you the easiest extreme example, if you hit a helmet with a baseball bat with no head inside is the interior going to be damaged... yes of course it is, so please think about what you're advising when it comes to safety especially. This is something I in my job role take extremely seriously and don't want people advising others incorrectly.

Back
Top Bottom