Clicking sound when handlebar pushed down to left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca2321

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

As title says: (GS Adv 2011) I am getting a clicking sound when handlebar pushed down to left, then again when i push down to right. There is slight movement. At first i thought it was coming from the handlebars so I loosened up, wiggled about a bit and tightened up again. Still the same.

I am wondering if now it is noise from the area above the forks. Everything seems solid and it appears to be riding OK :nenau Just that little bit of play I noticed whilst riding slow off road and turning hard left, of course my body weight was transferred left on the handlebars then I heard the click.

I did search but did not find anything. Has anybody experienced this or know what it may be. I am hoping it is nothing too bad.

Any help or advice is as always appreciated.

Ah well best get off to the stealer and see what all this about... I cannot see what the heck it is. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah well best get off to the stealer and see what all this about... I cannot see what the heck it is. :)

Fairly common problem. Steering head bearing needs replacing.......

Tha is for the link. I can at least see what’s going on in there....The bike is a piece of shite compared to my old 1150 GS Adv. I really starting to wish I never bothered getting back in the saddle..... Oh well let’s get the wallet out... again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom