Freudenstadt Black Forest

we miss you by a day Doc... visit the worlds largest cuckoo clock if you get time theres also a Skywalk somewhere. Its plotted into my route favourites, so will pop and have a nosey at that too.

Think i have seen the cuckoo clock..Where is the skywalk ?

.....Where is the skywalk ?

With imagination, Google Freudenstadt skywalk. Google knows everything.

F8J3+78 Baiersbronn, Germany

What’s that mate?

It’s a Google plus code.

What do I do with it, mate?

Highlight it and tap on ‘look up’ or highlight, copy and paste into Google. It will do the rest.

Enjoy your holiday and don’t fall off.

Think i have seen the cuckoo clock..Where is the skywalk ?

its not far from you if you are based that week in Freudenstadt, its between there and Kniebis.....google ellbachseeblick skywalk,,mainly german but some pages translate

there is also another good one, depending on your route home or down there south of the Mosel .Nahe-Skywalk..

its not far from you if you are based that week in Freudenstadt, its between there and Kniebis.....google ellbachseeblick skywalk,,mainly german but some pages translate

there is also another good one, depending on your route home or down there south of the Mosel .Nahe-Skywalk..

cheers pal:thumb

With imagination, Google Freudenstadt skywalk. Google knows everything.

F8J3+78 Baiersbronn, Germany

What’s that mate?

It’s a Google plus code.

What do I do with it, mate?

Highlight it and tap on ‘look up’ or highlight, copy and paste into Google. It will do the rest.

Enjoy your holiday and don’t fall off.

cant guarantee the falling off bit.Depends if i see some nice green lanes

Stayed again in Titersee last week after visiting the Porsche museum. There is a high tech board in the center which shows accommodation available with a phone attached. Didn’t need to use the phone as could see the gasthaus from the board. Bed breakfast and secure parking €40!l

We are just back from Black Forest then the Mosel area. How did you find the trip Doc? We did a road recommended to me by Simon Weir, it was the B48 , Saarland/Rheinland-Pfalz area. Easily the best road on the trip. Big biker meet place halfway along it. It’s about 30 km long and hardly a straight section of road for more than 250 metres. The locals say it’s policed and gets busy at weekends ,but apart from that it’s free for all !

I am now in Cochem.Had a brill time in the Black Forest.Disaster though in Cochem.While walking into town my mrs fainted and cracked her head open so she has been in hospital for two days.Luckily all ok and hopefully out this morning.

We are just back from Black Forest then the Mosel area. How did you find the trip Doc? We did a road recommended to me by Simon Weir, it was the B48 , Saarland/Rheinland-Pfalz area. Easily the best road on the trip. Big biker meet place halfway along it. It’s about 30 km long and hardly a straight section of road for more than 250 metres. The locals say it’s policed and gets busy at weekends ,but apart from that it’s free for all !
The B48 is among my favourite roads.
Use it when heading back from Black forest area.
The biker stop half way is run by a weird character, his hotel has a collection of animal heads and horns on the walls.
Worth a look.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The B48 is among my favourite roads.
Use it when heading back from Black forest area.
The biker stop half way is run by a weird character, his hotel has a collection of animal heads and horns on the walls.
Worth a look.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Lovely bit of road that

Kin Ell Doc, I hope she is now ok and makes a speedy recovery. If you are staying a bit ,ride the road from Piesport to Morbach...superb

Yes I read some reviews about the B48, most said the surface was not good, However I can confirm it has been resurfaced in a lot of places ,prob this year looking at it. Nearly brand new tarmac ! didn't stop at the biker cafe but saw it on my left ,few bikes parked up there. I was enjoying the road too much

Cheers DC ..We don't leave until Saturday so still have chance to get out on bike if her stitches dont hurt too much with her helmet on

Try Bad Peterstal- nice Spa village

I have used the Hirsch before and there are other good hotels

Stopped at Hotel Hirsch a couple of years ago JB ... its changed hands since we stayed.

Restaurant a separate entity to the hotel, separate bills, food not good.

:beerjug:

Stopped at Hotel Hirsch a couple of years ago JB ... its changed hands since we stayed.

Restaurant a separate entity to the hotel, separate bills, food not good.

Good to know Mick
Last time in BP, I stayed at a small family B&B on the Main Street which was excellent

Good to know Mick
Last time in BP, I stayed at a small family B&B on the Main Street which was excellent

I've used the hotel opposite the Hirsch, across the road, with the motorcycle up in the air on a post outside, a couple of bikes inside too ... that was OK :thumb

Back
Top Bottom