I found the bottom of the 1150 Adv tank.

GSA yes?

That's pretty good.

I've modded the filler cap on my Rockster, the holes are bit higher than last time, and now I'm getting to the reserve light at about 180miles, and I know that reserve is about 45 miles, so I've got a 225 mile total range (not riding slowly either) - I've not tested that to the end though.... will do so sometime. :D

Yes it's an 1150 Adventure. When I was trying to find the bottom of the tank I kept a 5L container of petrol in the top box. Amazing the difference in the feel of the bike when you go from 1L to 30 L in the tank. So I'll be happy with 250 miles on 30 Litres then.

Luke, you should definitely get 250 to reserve on normal riding...:thumb2

Like I said at the beginning, 10 miles/litre is my rule of thumb.

Yes it's an 1150 Adventure. When I was trying to find the bottom of the tank I kept a 5L container of petrol in the top box. Amazing the difference in the feel of the bike when you go from 1L to 30 L in the tank. So I'll be happy with 250 miles on 30 Litres then.

Me too, I reckon on 10 litres per 100 miles, loaded with about 30kgs of gear, so total cargo of about 125kgs.

Thanks Paul, it's doing 250 and still sloshing fuel in the bottom. I'm not going to run it dry or any lower so hopefully the 17 years of fuel residue will stay in the lobes at the tank bottom.

Back
Top Bottom